OT - wanna enjoy your new Ford more? You gotta read this!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - wanna enjoy your new Ford more? You gotta read this!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 11:57 am:

This is OT, but if you fun with your modern Fords, check out www.f150forum.com as well as forscan.org - you will be amazed. You can reprogram YOUR Ford the way YOU want it to operate - even enable some hidden features. I've been having a blast with my truck and the software (which is free). Get rid of those nagging chimes, idiotic running lights (DRL), enable newly added electronics without having to pay an outrageous prices to a Ford dealer to do it (like a trailer brake controller or the LED cargo lights). It's a hoot! The software is Windows only but will run on crApples using Parallels, Virtual Box or VMware Fusion. FORScan also lets you read and clear fault codes and has a bunch of other features. Spread the word. The higher priced vehicles with more options have more abilities to be reprogrammed.

Here's one that people can relate to:
You installed LED turn signals in place of the old incandescent bulbs. Now your dash indicators are blinking like crazy. Maybe even the turn signals themselves are blinking fast too. The normal procedure is to wire resistors across the feedwires to increase the load to make the computer happy. This has a few bad side-effects. Now, you just use FORScan to turn off front and/or rear OUTAGE and now your dash lights blink normal. No need to damage your wiring with those idiotic blue squeeze-splicers. I installed LED's a week ago. They blinked normally outside but the dash indicators blinked fast. After I turned off the OUTAGE setting the dash indicators blink normal!

Maybe you want your foglights to be your DRL's or your highbeams ... you can pick and chose what you want and progam it into the truck.

How about enabling heated and cooled seats? Chances are you already have the appropriate wiring in place on a new vehicle - just enable them and see if it works.

I may sound like a TV commercial, but FORScan has allowed me to enjoy my new truck even more! The only cost incurred is in having to buy a quality OBD adapter to connect to your vehicle.

www.f150forum.com specifically deals with F150 trucks and reprogramming the 2015+ models with FORScan. There are sub-forums for older model trucks. Look for the message thread: Sticky FORScan - software to enable/disable features in your truck - and read Post#1 very carefully. It explains everything you need to do. Then comes over 800 forum pages of information to read and learn from!

forscan.org is the home of FORScan and where you can download it for free. Read and post questions about all Ford models.

Both Forums are fun and friendly and there are no flame wars or idiots - just people that want to improve their New Ford experience.

Garnet

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration