Listen to this

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Listen to this
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 03:04 pm:

I've spent a lot more time working on these cars than driving them. So yesterday I recorded a couple of video shots to get the opinions of more experienced drivers. I wonder if anybody hears indications of any problem. Note the different spark lever positions in the first and second shots.

Holding the camera with one hand and driving with the other makes for a pretty shaky picture, but that doesn't affect the sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acPQoIJb-mE&feature=youtu.be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 03:19 pm:

I click onto the link, but no video. "This Video Is Unavailable" is what's on the resulting screen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 03:24 pm:

This video is unavailable.... message

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

Here's what I got, "Content Warning"

Just what is this a video of Steve? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

Steve, I went to your Youtube channel "aqfarn", and the latest video on it is your mirror test.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 05:22 pm:

Yeah, I couldn't access the video either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 05:52 pm:

I tried uploading it again and was told it's a duplicate of one I already uploaded. So let's try this again. It works for me in Preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acPQoIJb-mE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 06:01 pm:

Nope, still get the same error. :-(

Check your settings to make sure that the video is set for public access.

pic

(Message edited by cudaman on May 03, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:42 pm:

YouTube is being an ass. Some of my videos are playing normally, and others, like this one, just show a black screen with a dot spinning in a circle. YouTube "Help" is worthless. There are several people asking about the same problem, but no answers. I'll wait and try again later. Maybe the problem will fix itself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 11:01 pm:

I tried restarting my computer, and that fixed it for me. Now let's see if it will play for anyone else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvBaBP0X7QQ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 11:13 pm:

Its working now Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 11:17 pm:

I listened to it and I didn't hear any noises that Betsy doesn't make.

40 mph plus! that's faster than I usually go, Betsy's sweet spot seems to be around 30. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 11:20 pm:

Steve,it seems you have a lot of free travel in that steering column. Check the little triple gears and see if they are worn in the center. There is quite a bit of flex in the column itself.Have you considered an after market brace? As far a running,I thought I heard a slight exhaust leak up front some where. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 11:20 pm:

Steve are you talking about the noise after you hit that bump at about the 1:25 mark?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 11:32 pm:

To me it sounds kind of rattly when cruising, but that goes away when accelerating or climbing. A more retarded spark, as in the second shot, also seems to stop it. I just wondered if that sound indicates any problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash Southeastern Ohio on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 08:43 am:

Steve, there was an earlier post about "clatter". I can't hear the sound on your video very well but I have been chasing a clatter sound on my car as well. There were a couple suggestions on the earlier post that I have not checked into yet.
My sound is a bit of clatter, that seems to not be effected by position of spark, or throttle but comes in at higher speeds above 35mph. Not a deep knock, but just a revolving clatter.
Hope we find it!

Greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 11:00 am:

The only unusual noise I heard was that every time you hit a seam in the pavement it made a thump. The engine sounded very good to me. I also noticed the steering column move, however it might have been the camera moving. From the angle of the camera the movement would be amplified.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 11:16 am:

All I could hear was the rock n roll song "Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel".....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 11:22 am:

Carl -
That is because the girls are sittin in the back seat huggin and a kissin with me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 11:28 am:

You guys are showing your age. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

Wow !!! Jelf going 40+mph !!! Guess he's trying to catch up with me. lol. Searously Steve, engine sounds real good and no wind buffeting micro phone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 02:02 pm:

Sounds really good, Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 08:55 pm:

IT is a lot quieter than mine, which I also thought was quite 'rattly'. By, watching your video on my phone, I kept trying to tilt it up, so I could see the upcoming crossroad! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration