1922 Model TT Update

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1922 Model TT Update
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Wilson on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 08:54 pm:

Finally have my TT out of the woods and into a storage unit till I can have a garage built to start working on it. Didn't have too rough of a time getting it out. Can't wait to get started on bringing it back to life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Wilson on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:00 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

Looks like a great project, best of luck with it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

That cab has lots of class. Enjoy the project.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:45 pm:

Sweet!
I like that cab!
That second pic of yours reminds me of my steel cab TT. Poor derelict old buggers. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

Chris, really like the TT. I am going this weekend to get two TT's. Got to love those wood cabs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:27 pm:

Those tires look shot. The side curtains tattered. Is it really worth the bother ? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 12:48 am:

very cool, way to go - save em !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 07:25 am:

That cab is really cool. Pay attention and take pics of everything before you pull anything apart. Those curtains look like trash, but don't just remove them and toss them. Study them and get a feel for how they were made. Hopefully there is enough left to get a feel for that. I suspect they rolled down, but see if you can see remnants of any ties that may have held the rolled curtain in the rolled up position. Also, see if there any fasteners that held them closed. Mine had once had a rear curtain, but the only thing left was a bit of canvas under a piece of wooden molding along the top where the curtain had been nailed to the cab.

Some of the same applies to the bed. Just don't toss anything until you have a feel for how it was done and have some pics.

Again,really cool truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 07:30 am:

BTW Chris, have you ever been to the T's to Olar Festival? It's just down the road from you every October. We try to go every year. Look at the pic in my profile. My truck is one of the few TT's that are usually there. Maybe we have met?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Wilson on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 10:19 am:

Hal - I have never attended before. I do plan to go this year, so I probably will see you there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 12:37 pm:

Yes, as far as I know, we will be there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 06:12 pm:

Chris nice TT I know you are going to have a Ton of fun
With it .
Let us know if you find a makers name in that cab I have
that same vertically split windshield in a pile of wood cab
Leftovers good luck with it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Wilson on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

Found what I believe to be a makers tag today. Will have to try and clean it up a bit more...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

It's a patent tag, the vendors sell reproductions.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/1865F.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Wilson on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

Interesting mine is slightly different than the reproduction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

They have an assortment, maybe I picked the wrong one for my link. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 08:05 pm:

Very cool cab and what a great project. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 08:48 pm:

Looks to be this 1917-1918 patent plate for Model T.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration