Steering shaft for a 27 coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Steering shaft for a 27 coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe gallagher on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:44 pm:

Does anyone know the correct length of the steering shaft for a 27 Coupe mine has worn pin holes for the gears and I will be looking for one at a swap meet .. I understand there there were diferent lengths made ..Thanks for any help ....Joe joeg48@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 12:00 am:

The length are the same, it's the gear ratio that is different (not counting the torpedo)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 06:11 am:

I agree with Mark. I've got one that's worn in the bushing contact areas that I'll give you for postage fees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 11:29 am:

I have two 5-1 shafts, where one of the holes is worn. I wonder if anyone is set up to ream out that hole and bring it back to standard?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration