Old Photo - Model T Era - First Street Little Falls, Minn.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era - First Street Little Falls, Minn.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 10:38 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 11:16 am:

I wonder if the town still has those nice street lamps?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 11:49 am:

Note the large, rooftop sign, facing away from the street. Is the river
behind those buildings, the sign meant to attract riverboat riders to the
hotel ? Railroad passengers to the same ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

Little Falls, MN was Charles Lindbergh's childhood home town.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 01:25 pm:

Thanks Erik, I thought that name sounded familiar!
Chris, thanks for the "modern" picture..at least most of the neat old buildings are still intact!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 01:33 pm:

I find it interesting that the buildings in these old photos looked a lot more stately and impressive before “modernization” took place with the removal of the pediments and other architecture from the tops of the building fronts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

I was at the intersection where this photo was taken less than an hour ago. I had to turn right (east) at the intersection to go to the Courthouse to get my tabs for my Dodge truck. The river is just a block to the west. Little Falls has a lot of the turn of the century (20th) buildings still standing. It's an extremely friendly town in Central Minnesota. Major industries have involved logging, paper mills and hard scrabble farming.

To the North just a couple miles from downtown is Camp Ripley, home of the Red Bull's, the 34th Infantry division. Every summer this area is overrun with weekend warriors doing their two weeks of required duty. Highway 10 is busy with one convoy after another and the sky over my house always has a Huey or a Chinook helicopter in it. Every time I hear one of those Huey's overhead the hair on the back of my neck stands up on end.

Several of the The Red Bull units have been deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. Last summer I had the honor of meeting the Camp Commander and the Command Sergeant Major. Both are career soldiers and decorated veterans.

And this ends my dissertation on Little Falls, Minnesota and the surrounding area. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

Burger,

I'm surprised at you. You see a rooftop sign that is clearly directed at your favorite thing in the world, the freeway, and you don't recognize it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 10:58 pm:

Ah, ... I forgot about the freeway ! .... and the vinyl siding mill. A lot
of large vinyl groves stood around Little Falls before the siding mill cut
them all down. Today, the asbestos mine and milling company employs
90% of the townfolk, their primary product being fireproof baby clothing.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration