Frontenac O.H.V. Information Needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Frontenac O.H.V. Information Needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 01:06 pm:

Can any of you "Fronty" guys inform me as to the best way, if any or actually needed, to seal the one head bolt that goes right through the center of the intake port ??? Clearly, some type of sealant should/would be necessary - seems I'm having an "issue" with a Winfield that ran just fine prior to me installing this head on another engine - maybe that is the problem ? Suggestions or verification ?

Obviously, I'm from "the other camp" !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 02:42 pm:

I can't imagine that there would be much of a vacuum leak around the head of that bolt. Can't recall that I used any sealer on mine but then maybe my intake setup likes the extra little bit of lean (if there really is any). Sure wouldn't hurt anything to put a bit of Ultra-black RTV just under the head of the bolt. I'd be a little surprised if it changed anything but at least you could rule that out. I happen to use studs instead of bolts but that doesn't change anything about any possibly leakage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

No problems on my end, ran S, R, and T heads without sealing or using a gasket on the bolt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 06:32 pm:

Steve,

You traitor. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 09:13 pm:

Not mine Mark - I'm a BB RAJO guy !!!

Thanks for the responses, fella's - I did the new kit with pump diaphragm and I'm running an SR on my Racer but this one did sit for several years with gas in it ? Got me a bit perplexed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 12:47 am:

Forgiven. Just wash up real good when you're done. Don't want none of that Chevy gunk contaminating your RAJO. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration