Anyone want to meet up for a tour in Richmond Indiana Friday before the homecomming?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Anyone want to meet up for a tour in Richmond Indiana Friday before the homecomming?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

We had plans of going to Richmond this year for the tour and put in vacation time back in Dec. just before my wife got cancer and at the time they had listed June 1, 2, and 3rd as tour and swap meet dates. Then the dates were changed and we are stuck with what we have. If no one is going to tour this year we are not going to waste our time going since my wife has bought a car and wants to go on a trip with it this year while she still can. We may not be able to go again next year even if she is ok health wise because she missed 3 1/2 months of work and may not get time off for next summer now. I would like to find a bunch of others that are going to bring a car to go on the tour route from last year so we can all travel together and help anyone that needs a hand just in case.

So who is going and when? We might show up early since we are free Wed. Thurs. and Friday.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

Bob,

Sent you a PM.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 02:35 pm:

I don't have internet at home so it might take a few days to respond if anyone sends me a message. You can call me on my cell phone at five seven four, 727 O725 if that would be better or I will check messages as soon as I get to town each week.

Thanks,
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 07:17 am:

Bob,

The Indy 500 Club will be hosting a tour on Friday, June 2nd. I'm not sure if we will be departing from the Museum or Grandpa's Campground.

Here is the link to the tour from a few years ago. http://americanelevatorinc.net/Files/SOUTHWEST_booklet.pdf
We may make some slight modifications to the stops, but this will be the tour. We plan on leaving at 9am.

I will update this post as the time gets closer. Lets hope for blue skies.

Rod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 09:33 am:

Also the Rt. 40 garage sale will be in full bloom during this time. You could head out in either direction and drive as far as you wish and stop and shop for bargains along the way. Rt. 40 is the state highway that runs east and west thru Richmond.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 11:06 am:

U.S. highway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 07:53 pm:

My spot is saved at the campground so looks like we are going!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phillip Maurici on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

I will be at the Homecoming at KOA campground. I would like to go on a Friday Tour. My phone number is 813-361-9983. Please call me day before so we can meet up. I plan on arriving Wednesday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 08:51 am:

The Indy 500 Club will be meeting at the museum on Friday, June 2nd at 9 am to go on the southern tour. Anyone is welcome to join us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

Rod, If you need any contact info for the stops that were used on that tour in the past, email me at: jerrybkramer@gmail.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 12:58 pm:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 01:33 pm:

My wife is ready to start packing for the trip!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration