What Do These Top Parts Look Like and What Are They Called?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What Do These Top Parts Look Like and What Are They Called?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 08:36 am:

I'm down to some of the final missing parts on my 24 Touring and am now putting the top together.

I'd like to know what's missing for the "Top Saddle" structure...if that's what it's called and, if possible, I'd like to see a photo of what it all looks like.

As the photos below show, I have the metal, structural upright in the car with a threaded hole, but not much else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 09:05 am:

Don - probably not much help, but here is an outside view of my ratty 24 touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 09:23 am:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3314XN.aspx

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3314CX.aspx

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3858B.aspx

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic Denio on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 09:36 am:

Don,

Mark has nailed the answer to your question. I would just add that there are many reference books out there and the major Model T vendors (Lang's, Snyders, Mac's etc.) catalogs that list parts with numbers, year of vehicle, as well as price.I rely on all of them regularly. Best of luck as you get another T back on the road.
Dom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 11:36 am:

Thanks everyone....this is exactly the info I was looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 12:38 pm:

Do you have the pivot irons and domed nuts (red arrow)?

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

Mark...someone added later model (26-27) pivots to my car at some point. They exit through the body instead of on top of it.

They did such a good job of it however, with all kinds of good bracing, and it has such a factory look that I think I'm just going to leave it.

It's not correct, but my car has many non-correct farm fixes on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 04:32 pm:

If someone has a weathered set of top saddles and supports, I'll be happy to buy a brand new set and trade you for what's on your car.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration