Old Photo - Model T Era - Main Street, Port Crane, N.Y.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era - Main Street, Port Crane, N.Y.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 11:05 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 11:22 am:

Very cool. I live 2 minutes away from where this picture was taken.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 11:36 am:

Lovely setting. The T touring is at a jaunty angle. The truck full of milk cans may not be Ford. The WEE Blew INN/service station and competition across the street are delightful.
Here is a token from there currently on EBay: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Port-Crane-NY-Wee-Blew-Inn-Good-For-25-Token- /381996150521
How do you find them?
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 02:29 pm:

This photo was taken not too many years after the Chenango Canal was abandoned and filled in. The street pictured was where the canal ran through town- hence the name "Port" Crane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 02:54 pm:

Wow what a great picture!!! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john f stephens-marcle on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 07:38 pm:

Great picture...My fathers family lives in Chenango Bridge ,i grew up in Binghamton..my uncle Barry would always reference following "the towpath" from Binghamton north along the Chenango river, right at the stone barn etc...as recently as 20 yrs ago.....only locals got the reference ....I miss that part of N.Y. and the family

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 07:48 pm:

One of the things that stands out in these early photos is all the nice mature trees close to the road not hacked to pieces on account of the power lines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 09:39 pm:

John- stone barn is still there!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration