Wood coil box Heinz & KW Style

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wood coil box Heinz & KW Style
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 06:06 am:

I was looking through some of my coil boxes to help a friend out and I guess it just never hit me until now that I have several boxes that have the Heinz type switch and the cam type latch but I also have a few that have the Corbin style latch that you see on the KW style 1913 coil box,these are clearly unaltered, when did that change happen?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 08:57 am:

John...have no idea but RV should. He supplied me with a Heinze box w/coils and the Corbin latches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 11:31 am:

Heinze changed the latches in 1913 to the newer style. The latches on a KW master vibrator are exactly the same as Heinze used in 1913. I'm only guessing on this, but Heinze probably dropped the cams in late '12 for the '13 model year. The upper catch on the lid of a correct 1913 KW box is NOT the same. It uses three wood screws instead of two.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 08:50 pm:

What Larry said, but the latches changed late in the '12 model year, just before the change to the '13s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 09:13 pm:

Thanks all. RV did you finish those brackets you spoke about for the early Kingston box? I remember you said you were about to when we visited at Chickasha. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

Still trying to get my pattern back from the maker, who's gotten out of the business, so I can have another run cast. Been after him to send them back for six months now.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration