Ladies in a Model T-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ladies in a Model T-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 08:39 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 08:45 am:

Nice looking specimen of a '13. Even the horn is mounted correctly! And those crazy hats! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 08:51 am:

What a mistake that was. Let them drive around and before you know it they'll want to get jobs, smoke and drink in public, dance crazy dances, and (OMG) vote. :-)

Seriously, when that photo was taken there were many states in which women still could not even vote. The 19th amendment was not ratified until 1920. These old photos are more interesting, at least for me, when historical context is applied.

It's a great photo Herb. Thanks! I particularly like the patch on the left front tire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 10:13 am:

Two boots. One for the top and one laced on the left front tire at the valve stem.
The ladies seem pleased with themselves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 11:18 am:

Notice the CORRECT round horn mounting bracket! I suppose it could be oval, but definitely not scalloped! Obviously brand new, and already has a patch on the left front wheel!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration