Model T apartments-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T apartments-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 09:24 am:

I hadn't heard that term before.
Would that be the same as "Hoovervilles"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 09:31 am:

I would say so Herb. Wow what a picture, and what a story it could tell. Height of the depression, fabbing shelter outa old Model T parts one would assume. Sad. Very sad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 10:01 am:

Now a days it's Tijuana sheet rock (ie. cardboard) that the homeless use for building material.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 10:17 am:

Even then, the guy sitting on the ground is still wearing a tie and a decent hat. Today you go to the airport and half the people look like they just rolled out of bed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 10:28 am:

"Any Part in a Storm"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 10:44 am:

I guess it was the best way to fender off the bad weather!

Mom and Dad survived the depression and they could take anything from the trash and make some useable from it. Maybe that's why I have a hard time throwing stuff out...it will be useful someday! And I have made many objects useful again and I laugh when the younger generation ask why I just don't throw it out and by new. The junk I recycle is better quality then the new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 10:45 am:

That should be "buy" new not by

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 11:16 am:

I grew up in the last part of the depression, and I remember that the men didn't have "casual" clothes. They just had their "best" and the "everyday" clothes, and their "work" clothes. The "best" would be the newest and only worn for church, or visits, weddings, funerals etc. The "everyday" would be their older and former "best" and the "work" clothes would be the oldest ones which might be patched. The same clothes were passed down the ladder until they were used for rags or patches.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 11:28 am:

Walter, How true. Wife an I visited Europe a few years ago and going direct from an airport there to one here I couldn't help notice on how Europeans as a whole took more pride on their appearance in public than Americans do. "...look like they just rolled out of bed." reminded me on one middle aged guy I saw in O'Hare dressed in cut-offs, T shirt, and flip flops.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

We have something much nicer in St. Paul, MN, just down the street from the recently demolished Twin Cities Assembly Plant.

Note the name over the door:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration