Crossmember for Warford installation in a TT truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Crossmember for Warford installation in a TT truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth LeBlanc on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 10:22 am:

Would anyone be able to take pictures and measurements of the crossmember used to put a Warford in a TT so I could build one thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herbert A. Palmer on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 01:34 pm:

I have this drawing that shows dimensions but hard to read.drawing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herbert A. Palmer - Alpena MI on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 02:02 pm:

I found some more information.drawing
drawing 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic Denio on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 03:01 pm:

Gentlemen:

Do you know if this crossmember would work for the current Layne Warford? Also in the drawing above on the left side there is a radius arrow leading back to 3/16 triangle over 1/8 11/6. What does this stand for in plain English?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Dom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

The new Warford is not designed for a support crossmember. The old cast iron units require them because they are not bolted right up to to T engine, they have a u-joint in between.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 04:21 pm:

Dom

That is mark for 'radius' of the curve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic Denio on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 05:47 pm:

Thanks for the quick response Erik and Dan.
Have a great day,
Dom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 08:55 pm:

The drawing are missing the hole for the shift rail for direct under drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth LeBlanc on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 07:52 am:

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 11:56 am:

Attached is a drawing of the Warford bracket. It clarifies the "missing hole for the shift rail for under drive" that Mark mentions.
The X dimension relates to whether you want to make it for a TT or a T. For the TT it is 22.5", for the T it is longer depending on how you mount the bracket under the frame.
I need to get this drawing cleaned up and printed.
Warford bracket

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

Dom,

Regarding your question in the 03:01 post, the symbols denote the type of welding required. For a plain English explanation of common welding callouts, see the link below:

http://www.weldersuniverse.com/welding_symbols.html

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic Denio on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 12:37 pm:

Dick,

Thank you for this revelation, enlightenment, reference and assistance. You'd man. I am a retired from 42 yrs in law enforcement and have trouble remembering the number for 911. :-) This will help me for the rest of my life. Bless you,
Dom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth LeBlanc on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 07:58 pm:

Thanks everyone and thanks Herb I for sending me the sketch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

There is a support that can be used with the New Warford. I personally think it is a good idea to support the back of the Warford. http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/warford-transmission-support

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration