O.T. Need help indentifying this engine...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: O.T. Need help indentifying this engine...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 01:36 pm:

This thing showed up at the doorstep of a friend of mine. It appears to have a governor of sorts on the front end. No other markings on the entire engine except casting numbers. We would like to put a name on it and date if possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thx !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 03:34 pm:

Whatever it is, it looks neat! And a turbo!?! Cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 04:08 pm:

My money is in Pierce-Arrow truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 04:49 pm:

And my money is with Layden.
I imagine other trucks used T head engines,but most of those were assembled trucks,and that does not look like those engines to me.
Piece-Arrow trucks were frighteningly expensive.Only ever ran onto a few odds and end parts,and my God,werw they fabulously made...
That engine won't last long if for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

Thank you, thank you, thank you !!! I'm not sure if the engine will be rebuilt or put up for sale, but at least we know what it is and that's the first step. Thanks again !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 05:35 pm:

It looks to be a 1918...too cool !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 06:03 pm:

Post photos on HCCA and Antique Auto websites. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

Yeessss.....that would be perfect for some pre-1st. war chassis that's original engine is made of unfindableanium.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 06:28 pm:

I will let you know what the owner decides to do with it. Stay tuned~

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 07:02 pm:

Try posting here

https://www.smokstak.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98
it looks like a Buda tractor engine from the 1910-1920 period, or maybe a Beaver.........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 08:48 pm:

All those neat photos and not one of the drive side of the flywheel. Wish things like that would show up on my doorstep! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 04:28 am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHuHezMM9TU

This is it!! Thanks for the help..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 06:27 am:

Don, I sent you a PM....I collect Pierce Arrow stuff and that's a neat engine! Thanks for sharing pics of it...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 06:44 am:

Got it David, will update when the owner makes a decision on it. Thx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

NOT FOR SALE says the owner. He will have it rebuilt and restored for his collection. Thanks to all for your help and interest.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration