1922 Flatbed - My family in Jackson's Hole, Wy in 1923

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1922 Flatbed - My family in Jackson's Hole, Wy in 1923
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George M Allen ("Mike") on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 04:22 pm:

This is a photo of members of my family in Jackson's Hole Wyoming in 1923. The Model T belonged to my Grandfather. He fabricated the bench seat/toolbox and the flat bed. Apparently
the 1922 Model T was available firewall forward sans body. Any opinion weather this is a T or a TT? (sorry that the photo is blurry. it did not resize well).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George M Allen ("Mike") on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 04:24 pm:

My father is on the far right :>)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George M Allen ("Mike") on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 04:25 pm:

The reason I thought it may be a TT is the size of the tire/wheel size.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 04:32 pm:

The appearance of he rear axle/spring assembly, the short running board and the long wheel base say TT to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George M Allen ("Mike") on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 04:45 pm:

I appreciate your response. I am planning to build a replica of the TT in the photo for the family of today. Would you mind if I come up and take a look at your 1918 TT? I am assuming it would be quite similar to my Grandfather's 1922 model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George M Allen ("Mike") on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

I found this drawing in an earlier post. It looks like the bench seat covers the fuel tank rather than a "toolbox".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 12:18 am:

yes, agree looks like a TT to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 03:42 am:

It wasn't until 1924 Ford offered any body or bed for the TT - they were all sold as chassis up until then with just a hood, firewall and tank so the buyer could choose to buy a body from an outside supplier or build something for their own needs. Obviously your family choose the latter. Back in those days everyone was familiar with open horse drawn wagons, so it was natural to just make a seat. The TT wasn't very fast, so the lack of a windshield didn't bother much :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 08:40 am:

The rear end and short running board defiantly looks like TT. I also see an ignition switch panel bolted to the top of the firewall.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration