🙂 Join the Model T Tribe on DRIVETRIBE, give the Enthusiasts a voice 🙂

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 🙂 Join the Model T Tribe on DRIVETRIBE, give the Enthusiasts a voice 🙂
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Taylor on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 08:33 pm:

Join Clarkson, Hammond & May on DRIVETRIBE :-)
Join the Ford Model T discussion and let's spread the word!

https://drivetribe.com/t/PAt2ZVNOQS2l7telN_9nnw?iid=LKsEFD76S3WndDj09VZ5oA

Looking forward to seeing you there!
- Mitch Taylor
Tribe Leader

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

I haven't tried Drivetribe yet. What advantage does it have over a Facebook group or a forum like this?

Serious question, I'm not being a curmudgeon here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Taylor on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 11:01 pm:

DRIVETRIBE is a social media network directed at motoring enthusiasts. It's the digital home for all the motoring tribes under the sun founded by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May.

You can join the official and original Ford Model T Enthusiasts Tribe by following this link...
https://drivetribe.com/t/PAt2ZVNOQS2l7telN_9nnw?iid=LKsEFD76S3WndDj09VZ5oA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 04:06 pm:

I agree with Tim Eckensviller as he said above, "What advantage does this have over a Facebook group or a Forum like this?"

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 04:15 pm:

I wonder how many social venues there are on the web - probably so many that it would be impossible for one person to keep up with them all! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Taylor on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

"What advantage does this have over a Facebook group or a Forum like this?"

To properly answer Tim's question, the only real advantage I guess you could say is that it's directed solely at motoring enthusiasts, and not full of the usual fluff that the likes of Facebook and Twitter are - although still very useful, they're too generic in many cases.

I personally figured it was another way to spread the word about Model T's and help to keep the passion alive :-) The more publicity and exposure the hobby gets, the more chance it has of prevailing :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 08:19 pm:

I am going to play contrarian here and suggest that by scattering the
Model T "word" across more venues only dilutes the message/resource
and diminishes it as a "value".

Everyone seems to think they have a "better idea" for how to do things,
and some time they are better ideas. But more often than not, they are
just more of the same, with a slightly different twist, but the unseen fall-
out is scattering of a concentrated resource, whose value IS the concentration
as a resource.

Just a thought ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Taylor on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 02:50 am:

Good point of view Burger, but of course, dilution is not my aim, quite the opposite. The Model T hobby is by far dominated by the older generation, and in order to keep it alive, platforms like Facebook and Drivetribe are excellent ways to let them know about it. Social Media is the future, so why not embrace it? There's no need to let our beloved Model T disappear into the pages of history.

Join us on Drivetribe's brand new page...
https://drivetribe.com/t/PAt2ZVNOQS2l7telN_9nnw

Or if you're on Facebook, join the already thriving group :-)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/modeltford/

And as always, don't forget to drop by at my dedicated website, loaded with a wealth of FREE information :-)
http://www.fordmodelt.net/

Best regards to all,
Mitch Taylor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 08:04 am:

I doubt there's any concern of the Model T nor this website disappearing into history due to not being on FaceF(polite edit). Jeremy Clarkson is hardly a draw factor for anything. Brian May? .... rinse, repeat ... might as well dig around a bit and find Clarkson's doppelganger Chris Evans.

Now, put them on Survivor Island and you might make a crocodile happy!

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 08:46 am:

Burger........... contrarian????? Get out of here.... :-)

I think there's nothing wrong with "spreading the word" regarding Model T and other early automobiles. I do get Keith's point, and will carry it a bit further. We don't wish to lose what we have here, many of the best minds and most experience about the Model T in the world.

My suspicion is a social media site won't diminish this forum. It might even enhance it, as auto enthusiasts may be exposed to the T on other sites, eventually gravitating here for specific information....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 10:49 am:

Thanks Mitch, this might be what it takes to get me to try Drivetribe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 10:56 am:

Mitch,

"Social Media is the future, so why not embrace it?"

I drive a Model T. I live in the past.:-)

Best of luck on your Drivetribe thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 11:41 am:

My Momma says that social media is
THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!

A forum like this is about as far as I am willing to go. I know too many facebookers that can think of or do nothing else but facebook. Not for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

Tom,

Your momma is right.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration