OT - identify mystery ca 1980-30 car?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - identify mystery ca 1980-30 car?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

I've been asked to identify this barn wreck for an estate clearance and really have no idea. I'm hoping someone here can help.

These are the only two photos. Engine is a six-cylinder flathead.

Notables from the exterior photo are side-mounted spare, dual rows of hood louvres, dual cowl vents, bullet headlamps, wrong wheels.

Notables from interior photo are dog-leg handbrake and wrong steering column (wouldn't have been a 3-on-tree).

Anybody?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 10:02 pm:

Hmmm... maybe should be "1928-1930 car?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 11:38 pm:

Hudson? Essex? Just guessing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 12:26 am:

The headlamps are later replacements. Probably sealed-beams. Used to see lots of them on model A Fords, but they were available to fit most cars of the late '20s/early '30s.
The dash looks familiar, but I can't place it. The "thin strip" radiator shell was used on most Chrysler products for three or four years, roughly '28 to '32 (I know, that is five years, but I don't know when it actually started or stopped). The style and pattern of the hood louvers is a clue. An era Chrysler/DeSoto/Dodge/Plymouth aficionado might know. I know somebody else also used a similar thin shell, but don't recall who it was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Head Light Lens Guy in California on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 01:02 am:

It looks like a Nash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 01:06 am:

Mystery solved, thanks to a fellow named Keiser31 on the AACA forum (fellow is often 1st with the answer to "What car is this" questions).

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/292510-identify-mystery-car-circa-1928-30/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 06:55 am:

Make a beautiful resto!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration