Changing of the guard.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Changing of the guard.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 10:48 pm:

Resting after mowing the lawn i was stunned to see our Model A going down the road.After about 45 min the oldest grandson put it back in the garage.Later i looked out in back and the grandson had started the 14 and wanted me to ride along.Some day i'll drive again but riding is also fun!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 11:23 pm:

This, Bud! This is what I hope for with my old machines! Wonderful!
Oh wait. It's Grandpa's gasoline, no problem... :-)
I started on my eldest of 6 grandchildren and she was only 8 last summer. She loved it and wants more.
Words cannot express Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 11:35 pm:

Bud,
I think you're r one of those..... "greatest grandads ever" I had the opportunity to meet one of the grandkids, and he is a chip of the old block (one generation removed), great young man. Glad you are helping them enjoy and learn the hobby.

However, you have a lot of great driving years too.....
Enjoy old (young) friend,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 12:01 am:

The last few years of my Grandfather's life I took his cars to displays and cars shows. Then my Grandmother would bring him in a daily driver. That way he could stay as long as he wished. Sometimes he would ride home with us. Sometimes he would be having a bad day and never even get out of the car. I was happy to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 12:16 am:

Poisoning the minds of youth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

Bud, Your grandson is a good kid & I'm sure he will carry on the Model T tradition long after we're gone. You've trained him good! :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 04:56 pm:

That is just great ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

When I was in high school my dad let me take the 19 I now own to a football game on Thanksgiving with the cheerleaders.

I was a bit wild and am amazed that he trusted me with his baby.

I now believe that his trust made a difference in my life

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 07:30 pm:

Ha ! My old man had some pretty amazing cars BEFORE he embarked
down the FTD Trail of familydom. He ditched them all and made sure the
family cars were always POS's like Pintos and similar. No hand-me-down
car interest from Dad. In fact, he adamantly pursued a policy of trashing
anything old and cool and buying cheap and crappy. My wife cries in hysteria
when I tell her some of the finer moments of Dad's heberosity.

But it kinda worked backwards for Widdo Bwudder and me. The more he
talked bad about old and cool, the more he told us how stupid we were for
collecting our junk, the more we were determined that we were on the right
path. I can only imagine what a cool shop and weekends with Dad, wrenching
on junk, or road trips to go find stuff together might have led to. But he got
into the family business to have has personal platoon of Privates to yell at
or belittle. There were no good times.

You get two chances at a the parent-child game in reversed roles. If you
get dealt a bad hand on the first go-round, you have the power to make it
right on the second. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

Thanks guys,This late afternoon he wanted to take the Model A in the morning.When i told him the below 30 warning he asked if the trailer would haul the A?? He hooked the trailer,aired the tires to 60 psi,checked the lights and did a super fine job of loading the A!! Life Good except after approval i have 4011 apointments with the VA!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 09:39 pm:

Grand kids keep you young. After driving all day Friday to Missouri and loading two TT trucks and "tons" of parts with 3 beds and a T era trailer driving till midnight Saturday. Leaving at 6:30 am today ,driving the rest of the way home. Arriving at 2:30 pm and unloading it all. I started the 26 RPU to put it in the garage and my 5 year old grand daughter said "can I go for a ride papaw?" What do you think I said? Hop in!! Sounds like you have a great grandson Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 06:11 am:

Grand kids keep you young. After driving all day Friday to Missouri and loading two TT trucks and "tons" of parts with 3 beds and a T era trailer driving till midnight Saturday. Leaving at 6:30 am today ,driving the rest of the way home. Arriving at 2:30 pm and unloading it all. I started the 26 RPU to put it in the garage and my 5 year old grand daughter said "can I go for a ride papaw?" What do you think I said? Hop in!! Sounds like you have a great grandson Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 08:24 am:

Bud...you lucky dog

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration