Mystery Side Lamp

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Mystery Side Lamp
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Waldemar Derdau on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 01:09 am:

Hello...

Could someone be so kind as to help me identify a this Model Te side lamp.
I've spent a considerable amount of time on the Internet trying to find a match to the one that I have, but so far; not one quite like this one.
Up to this point, all similar ones that I've found are made of Brass, where as the one that I have is made of Steel.
With exception to the Chiminey on top, it is made of Brass and is Embossed with the words: Model Te Ford C.L.A.S. Co.
Any information about this Side Lamp, including the most likely year of production and an apx. value would be nice too.
Thank You:
Waldemar

Model Te Side Lamp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 02:00 am:

CLASCO Is Canadian Lamp And Signal Co and were fitted to Canadian production. I'm not sure what percentage of canadian cars got those as compared to the US makes. They generally follow the E&J designs of their day but seem to have gone to the rounded Font style much earlier than E&J/Brown/ Victor /Corcoran did, but the examples I have seen of the 1913-14 style, the round font is substantially larger than what was used on the 1915 onwards lamps ( Clasco included).
These earlier round fonts appear to be all steel, not black and brass like other 13/14 lamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 02:07 am:

In the 13/14 period, the lamps were steel bodied with brass chimneys and half the font in brass. However, I have Brown and Corcoran lamps with brass bodies but steel chimneys and the 'half split' of the fonts in reverse. Perhaps made on the night shift or a good number of "bad day at the press" days (as i have several).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 02:23 am:

Waldemar
I have some of those. Standard Canadian lights installed on most of the T's built. Yours looks like the tail light considering the red lense, so I guess you need a pair of side lamps. I'm not home right now so can't check my inventory

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration