Suggestions- carb winfield manifold

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Suggestions- carb winfield manifold
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 01:50 pm:

Last one i put on i used a model A zenith carb
Ran good but had always choke it like crazy
My T a cranker so looking for a suggestion good starting and running brass carb to use.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

Geeze no suggestions bump it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 01:13 am:

Most of us have never owned a Winfield manifold. However a chacteristic of over carbureted engines is hard starting in my experience

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 01:45 am:

What is the opening size at the carb mount flange? What is the center to center of the mounting bolts at the flange? Maybe something like a Stromburg OE-1? Is this it;
https://www.modeltford.com/item/WM-1.aspx
If it is you would also need an adapter to turn the carb 90 degs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 09:38 pm:

Mark yes but i got it some parts i traded
Stromberg m1 fits up
I have to measure it to be sure
Not sure why i want to turn it 90*
That make the linkages all weird

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 12:08 am:

Guess if the carb will fit under the hood side ways that would make it easier to hook up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 08:15 am:

So why not simply take a square spacer (say 1/4 inch) drill it to mount to the intake and countersink 2 screw holes to hold it in place. Then you can drill and tap 2 new holes in it to change the carb mounting 90 degrees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 11:34 am:

What he would be trying to do is eliminate the bell crank to operate the throttle. If the carb is installed 90 degs to the engine there is direct action to the throttle lever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 09:19 pm:

Going try m-1 stromberg
Off an overland
I do have a butterfly adapter that would work as a
Throttle plate

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration