Brass radiator recore or new

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Brass radiator recore or new
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Anthony DeMiglio on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

Hello, I am new to forum and looking for advise. 1916 touring radiator. I believe mine is original, i had repaired about 20 yrs ago. fins coming apart from tubes and not cooling well anymore. Most driving i have done in last three years is ocf. I would like to drive more often this year. Is there other places that would re core if able to. or another source other than normal parts catalog. Thank You

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 09:31 pm:

There are a couple of places in IL that recore. I don't see where you are located.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Anthony DeMiglio on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

Im in macomb, michigan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 09:46 pm:

I went with a recore rather than new. This tells why:

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG96.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Anthony DeMiglio on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

Thanks Troy, do you have contact info for places in IL. Thanks Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 01:55 am:

Gery Bergbower
Berg's Radiator
332 South Paul Avenue
Bluford, IL 62814

Phone: 618-231-3507

Fax: 618-732-6275

bergsradiator@gmail.com

http://www.bergsradiator.com/

My Maxwell was done at Bill's.

Bills Antique Radiator Restoration

1134 W Walnut Street
Chillicothe
IL 61523-1459
Phone: (309) 645-0606

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

A new flat tube core is over $500 plus shipping. I am doing mine right now and I am also replacing the front and the two small front sides, they cost $50 a piece. I don't charge for my time but even at $30 an hour, it would have been less expensive to buy new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 12:46 pm:

A new brass radiator costs over $1200. How is that less than a recore?

Gery doesn't do brass radiators. As far as I know the choices are new from Brassworks or recore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 12:11 am:

so speaking of brass radiators I have read here about horror stories of the quality of Brass Works. Anyone care to chime in????

just askin'

brasscarguy@gmail.com(if you want to contact me direct.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 08:36 am:

Many times bottom and top tanks are rotten---all new only option

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Adey (The Woodlands TX) on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 09:42 am:

I put a new brassworks on my '14 in January of this year. The rad was very nice - fit fine and works very well - solved all my cooling problems even when 90+ outside... Best decision I have made with the car. That said - I too agonized over the decision. I have seen the "horror" stories - I guess I got lucky.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 11:16 am:

I have two new brassworks radiators, both have been great.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration