1926 Roadster Emergency Brake Rod length.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1926 Roadster Emergency Brake Rod length.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 11:49 pm:

Would anyone know what the length of the emergency brake rod on a 16 roadster should be?
I did a search and see a lot of they are shorter and straight but no the actual length. I measured mine and they are 55 inch but they have had a section welded in to them and not sure why or if they are the correct length
Thanks
Gerald

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 11:58 pm:

Gerald : I am looking in the Lang's book and they show the brake rods as follows

#3468 Brake Rod, cast clevis end 1909-17 priced at $78.30.

They do not show a length.
You could call Steve at Lang's and he can tell you the whole store

1-800-872-7871

and they are really helpful

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 12:04 am:

Your header says 26 Roadster but in the body you ask about a 16 Roadster. Which one would you like to know about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 06:29 am:

It was getting late for me. I have a 1926 Roadster not a 1916. I see Gas Light has them listed also I will stop in there tonight on the way home and see what they look like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 03:42 pm:

My 26 Roadster brake rods measure 52 1/2 not counting the clevis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

Thanks Scott
They did not have a set in stock but that is about what mine would be without the clevis. I measure about 55 inch give or take measuring both clevis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 09:25 pm:

Yeah mine are 54" with the clevis.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration