Boyco containers What do I have??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Boyco containers What do I have??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 01:55 am:

Bought these three containers at a local swap meet this weekend.
first two are 10 1/16" tall X 9 3/8" Wide and 2 3/4" thick. Third is 9 1/9" High X 11 3/4' wide X 5"thick. Two have Boyco lids Largest of three won't fit on running boardThis on has different lid. What do I have??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 03:42 am:

Probably three individual cans from three different sets. Boyco was one of the best and best known running board can and carrier manufacturers back in the day. However, they were not the only one. And, they made many different sets as well as other cans (I have a four gallon round can that belonged to my grandfather, by Boyco). The larger can was probably from a set made for a larger car.
I would make a frame patterned after the types Boyco made, to fit the two smaller cans you have, and use it. A little research should find you several pictures of original sets, showing the carrying frames. Most of them bolted onto the running board, or inside the trunk. Some clamped onto the running board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 08:05 am:

The smaller knurled can is a "BearBrand" can, not a Boyco.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 10:10 am:

You didn't say what you paid, but I suspect the swap meet price was a fraction of what the new reproductions cost. Good score. I agree with Wayne that the smaller cans are for a Ford or other small car, while the larger one is for a bigger car. My three cans were picked up dirt cheap at different auctions. They're all of the larger size, but that doesn't stop me from using them on my Ford with a home made clamp-on carrier. They're the best accessory you can have when your flivver sputters to a stop five miles short of the next filling station.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 01:30 pm:

If anyone is looking for replacement lids for the BoyCo cans. The Sterno cans that are used under a chaffing dish will fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 05:48 pm:

Or, if you need them in a hurry, just ring up Boyco and ask for some more C210's to be sent Railway Express. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 11:38 am:

Does anyone happen to have any of the narrow Boyco cans that you might trade for the "Bear Brand" one that I have? Please send photos. I'd pay postage on both directions. I have access to US postal Babb, MT.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration