Beverly Hills, Television, Jay Leno & my Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Beverly Hills, Television, Jay Leno & my Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

Yesterday, Cindy and I attended the Greystone Mansion Concours d'Elegance with our 1915 Touring Car. It is getting harder for theses high profile events to attract the brass era vehicles. We were honored to be invited. As the event took place in Beverly Hills, we were also surrounded by celebrities and television cameras. I was interviewed by three different programs during the event. 12

We had the opportunity to Meet noted automotive appraiser & historian Donald Osborne as well as Model T owner and enthusiast Jay Leno.

It was a fun day:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 12:26 pm:

Nice. I see Jay dressed for the occasion :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 12:50 pm:

Jay usually wears the same outfit :-)
We actually got to talk for quite a while about the Model T. He has recently acquired a 1915 T and has it running.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 12:55 pm:

From pics I've seen, that's Jay's usual outfit at car gatherings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad Marble on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 01:07 pm:

That's his usual outfit at any gathering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 01:10 pm:

What's the big car on the left?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

Looks like you had a really fun day. Did you get rained on? You both need to practice that smile more when in front of the cameras.

Keep us posted if anything is published. Donald's pants are the Coolest!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 01:28 pm:

The blue 1911 Benz next to us belongs to our friend & neighbor Gerhard Schnuerer. He has an amazing collection which we toured a few years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUXJj8BQv8Q
Above is a link to the tour of his collection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 01:40 pm:

That is pretty neat. Jay is a great car guy like most but he is famous too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 02:20 pm:

Jay's my kind of guy! Denim, denim, and more denim. I even wear it to church! This is pretty much how he looks in his part on "Last Man Standing"...love that show. Bill, your '15 looks great. Kinda makes me wish I had my '15 still, it was one sharp car 'cept it had black tires. Nice to see yours so nice and white!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 03:22 pm:

I saw Jay Leno at Pebble Beach, with same attire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 07:50 pm:

Poor fellow probably has not experienced Round House Bib's!!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 11:17 pm:

Jay probably wants to know what kind of oil you are using and why .
:P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 08:43 am:

I like the explaining free starts?? With hands held out saying Lizzie come forth or Moses parting the red sea? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 09:56 am:

It would be interesting to find out if the 1915 Jay purchased is a real one. Most of them that I have seen have been converted. Too bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 10:05 am:

Sounds like you had a great time. _Must have been fun schmoozing with celebrities. _Yeah, Jay Leno is a frequent recipient of the unofficial "regular-guy" award._

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 10:21 am:

So very cool....thanks for posting.

I have a lot of respect for Jay Leno because of his genuine love for the old iron and his humility and great demeanor.

One of my sort of "pie-in-the-sky probably-won't-happen but-I-can-always-dream" items is to drive my 54 Ford from Texas to his shop and have him do a segment on it for his YouTube channel while I promote the 54 Ford Club of America.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 10:23 am:

Jay also has a 25 Model T.

For a while there was a youtube video about it on his YouTube channel, then they pulled it down for some reason.

I've posted in the comments on a couple of his other videos asking if they could repost it, but so far they haven't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

Jay & I talked about his '25 Runabout and then he mentioned that he had just gotten a 1915. With just a little work they got it running. It sounded like someone gave him the car. I did also talk at length with Donald Osborne about the current Model T market & values. We exchanged contact information and I may have some dealings with him in the future. My goal is to publicize the Model T & these guys are just the right ones to help :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Fenrich on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 07:42 pm:

Jay's website really helped me get into classic cars. I love watching the "My Classic Car" segments on Youtube with Jay in them. He throws in a lot of quick one liners to the eccentric Dennis Gage. I get much more laughs out of those than his main channel.

Bill, what a beautiful Model T you have. It certainly attracts the eye much more than the car beside it, in my opinion!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6NcWzLwhEjM

Here's a link to one of the videos Cindy & I participated in during the Concours

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration