OT - CARTS, CARTS, CARTS AND NO MODEL K

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - CARTS, CARTS, CARTS AND NO MODEL K
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

Feel my pain.

I have been searching and searching and searching some more for just one photo - any photo - of the Model K that came to New Zealand, for publication. I have spent countless hours trawling through likely places, such as A&P Shows, car exhibitions, etc. It seems that no-one - not one photographer - took a photo of the Model K.

But recently some new photos of the Canadian stand at the 1906-07 Christchurch International Exhibition came to light. We know the Model K was displayed there.

This photographer must've come sooooooo close to taking a photo of the elusive Model K.

He's taken a fine picture of bleedin' carts, but not the K.

Perhaps he ran out of film?

Perhaps the Model K was too large to fit into his view finder?

Can you feel my pain?

Carts not K

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

Uh huh. I feel it John.
The photographer was a real curmudgeon and couldn't find any value in taking a photograph of that foolish automobile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 08:15 am:

AW come on John everyone knows the car is just a passing fancy and will never replace the horse and buggy! :-) so why waste film on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 08:26 am:

Could it have been a Amish car show? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 08:37 am:

John, If I loan you my flux capacitor will you go back and take the picture yourself? (Caution in order to use the flux capacitor your model K will need to reach and maintain 88 MPH)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

John, does this count? (Maybe you have it already):

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/periodicals/progress/1907/3/1/21

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 04:12 pm:

Definitely got that, thanks Rob. Even that is a sad story - I visited the National Library about 18 months ago to see if I could see more than their awful scan. They still have all copies of Progress except 1) the edition with the 1909 Model T (a 2-lever car), and 2) you guessed it, the edition with the Model K.

Can you feel my pain?

pain

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

Must be the work of a "Chebby man...."

What are the odds?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration