TT x 2 Quest!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: TT x 2 Quest!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 09:45 pm:

I met David Stroud while searching for TT parts last winter. I took an afternoon from my Iowa coyote hunt in Janurary to run down to his place in Missouri. We settled on the parts I wanted and then he started showing me what he had. Long story short he made me buy all these treasures. After a phone call back home to my buddy Joe for help, it was a done deal. It was clearly not a one man job! It was cold and tarps were frozen to the ground so I got a peak at most of it but the 8in1 bed was very cool and the chassis that had been lengthened in preparation for this bed and I was hooked. Fast forward 5 months and a lot of planning and I was headed west. Joe and my cousin Trent were the key to this operation. Joes truck had a mounted crane and Trent could lift anything the crane couldnt. Friday was spent driving 10 hrs. Afterward Dave took us all to supper.Saturday was load day. Finished loading about 1pm. After soaking up as much knowledge from Dave as I could in the few hours I had, it was time to head east. Drove an hour to Iowa and had late lunch with my hunting buddy. Headed home on two lane roads loaded to the max. My 16 ft cargo was packed. Couldnt set one foot inside. My truck was loaded and had TT frame with headlight buckets and one fender facing front for effect.Joes truck was loaded and the TT with 8in1 bed was on his open trailer. Plastic wrap on headlights and radiator so lenses didnt fall out.We drove till midnight and stopped to sleep. 6:30 am sunday we headed out for home, arriving about 2:30pm to start unloading so I could be ready for work monday. Finished about 7pm. Very fun long weekend. Dave is a great guy. I will be calling on him for tech and historical help pleanty in the future. Will post some photos next. I will get this 8in1 bed outside and take better photos soon but no time right now. We played with it in garage after work was done but cant get good shots in garage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

The load up. Friends with the right tool for the job. Joes crane was key in loading this truck and rear axles with mounted wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

Dave giving info on TT. I am soaking in priceless info he has obtained over 40 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 09:56 pm:

A little goofing around and dreaming after loading up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

Dave taking a break in the shade and maybe saying goodbye. His 25 coupe in the background.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

More goofing around on the way home.

Temperary spot till weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 10:13 pm:

Playing with 8in 1 bed and having a cold one after work was done

The bed is very strong. We were all going to sit on that side but someone mentioned the fact that we took the straps off after unloading . Thanks to Joe,Trent and my sone Gene for helping. Many thanks to Dave for finding and preserving this part of history. Now its my turn to be the caretaker and pass on any knowledge I can soak up for the next generation as many have in the past and are doing now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 08:43 am:

I'm not sure he made you buy all those parts...

Wonderful find and great pictures. What a cool project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 11:39 am:

I think so James. My wife says Im banned from Missouri!!! Not much info on 8in1 bed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 02:03 pm:

Yeah, she'll try to ban you...
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

She may try , but Ill sneek across the border if I get the chance!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 02:48 pm:

Sounds like you have some hard working good old car buddies. But I always say " What are good friends for if you can't take advantage of them once in a while--". Have fun with your new found treasures!!!!! Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 03:23 pm:

Yes Joe. When they drive 10 hours just to help you out, those are great friends and a little old car crazy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 08:21 pm:

Dallas, I think we're ALL more than a "little" old car crazy!!!! :-) :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

Dave, as soon as I get a chance I will get more photos of that bed outside and in different positions. I havnt really figured out all the positions yet. The accessory panels are really cool. The guy who engineered this thing must have scratched his head for months.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration