'23 Touring windshield seals

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: '23 Touring windshield seals
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Woods on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

Hello I'm hoping to find some help with the windshield seals for a '23 Touring. I am assembling my car after paint and having issues getting the seal under the windshield to cowl. The seal is in place but very loose, I cannot press the windshield frame down any further but can move the seal around so it is not getting pressed into place. Does anyone have a good method or idea here?

If possible post photos of both the seal between the top and bottom glass as well as the seal in between the cowl and windshield frame and any tips to get them to stick in place.

Thank you!
David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 03:42 pm:

Check with Larry Smith. He was the one who reproduced this seal quite a few years ago, being scrupulously careful to make it exactly as per Ford. Then __________ pirated it and began making it themselves, loosely copying Larry's. You might have one of the pirated versions. Get the original from Original Smith.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration