Old Photo - The Victorian Civil Ambulance Service

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - The Victorian Civil Ambulance Service
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Bennett on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 04:50 am:

Pretty looking thing isn't it?

I wonder if that's a Tarrant body or one delivered by them?

Headlights must've been an option, like plating the radiator shell, an odd combination of economy and dress up.

Can't help but think the patients must have been short or they would have deathly cold feet!

Where did you find the picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 05:13 am:

Here is the sister of No. 2.-

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 08:08 am:

I see the fellow on the porch must have started his Model T with the spark advanced instead of retarded.

Great pictures of the ambulances

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 08:27 am:

And he used the WRONG hand too! Yep, great pics Jay & Dane!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 10:53 am:

I suspect the stretcher goes in next to the driver so the patient's feet are near the dashboard. Doctor/nurse would be behind the driver.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 01:41 pm:

They put the sign out and chalk the wheels before the patient was transported to the emergency room.

Must not have been that big of a hurry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 02:06 pm:

Steve maybe the guy was putting the sign out and the ambulance hit him and they felt obligated to carry him inside! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Medhurst - Melbourne, Australia on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 07:55 pm:

That would be the lift off rear door leaning on the front of the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manuel Voyages, ACT Australia on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 04:45 pm:

I notice car no 3 seems to have chrome headlights.

Manuel in Oz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 09:51 am:

I don't see how these would have been long enough to put a person in the back and close the door. WWI ambulances are much longer and extend out the back much further. Did they go down the road with the persons legs sticking out the back end? Did they slide the patient's head up under the front seat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 09:55 am:

Oh, I didn't see Chris Landry's comment. That makes sense--especially after looking at the fist photo again. The attendant is setting farther forward than the driver.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration