Workhorse

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Workhorse
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Bennett on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 06:14 am:

The old girl rides beautifully with about 250kg of steel, plus tools and the dog. Most of the trip to work was downhill, so it didn't have to labour too hard.

Next trick is to assemble the meccano set I've welded up, mainly 65mm x 2.5mm wall galv tube and angle. There's three wall frames there, they'll support a total of 16 inverters, they're in turn hooked up to 1600 PV solar panels for a tidy 512 kilowatt grid connect power system.

What're you blokes doing if you drive a T to work? ;)10cwt508kghalf a megawatt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 06:54 am:

Anthony, I throw the tools in the back and go. Next step is get the TT ready for work. 9ft bed will be more usable. Good on you for using it as intended.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 08:18 am:

Very nice guys! Anthony beautiful job- although I am to old to go back on the road for work.
Think I will limit my work to a few deliveries of products from local stores.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 08:22 am:

Anthony- I really like your hood graphics. Are they painted or vinyl decals?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 08:57 am:

Great looking truck! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 08:06 pm:

Ron, Duncan and Fraser, Ford distributors and agents in South Australia, painted two different styles of hood. Anthony's, being based on a car chassis, has the '10cwt lorry' designation. On the TT's it read 'One ton truck'

We made a tracing of the original paintwork on Anthony's hood. It was transferred onto the hood panels by a signwriter mate using a vinyl cut stencil, and the design sprayed on.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 08:11 pm:

Allan - thank you for that information. The graphics look great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 09:12 pm:

Dallas,What type of building is going on that slab?? Went shopping at the Amish stores today and other than one fellow standing on a grain drill everyone else was riding on a new style digger with a seat.The teams got a chance to catch their breath but that was about all! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

Nice truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 09:37 pm:

Bud, that is a 70x110 stick frame building with a 30x52 showroom . All with 14ft walls. Its for a cabinet shop addition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 02:33 am:

Never thought I'd see the day. I find myself saying that more and more as time goes by. A T truck hauling solar panel parts. I bet the truck will still be around when the solar panel stuff is obsolete.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration