Old photo - 3 Miles to Falcon

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old photo - 3 Miles to Falcon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason midyette on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 03:45 pm:

Got this in a pile of stuff at an auction in Platte City Missouri a few weeks ago and thought I would share it;

Snapshot of a gent posing alongside his Model T touring car on a snowy/muddy road. Sign behind him reads " 3 Miles To Falcon, Oil-Gas-Water-Tires"

Not sure where the photo is from. I know there is a Falcon, Missouri and a Falcon, Colorado. I can't decipher the state on the license plat, but the number is 214-572.

Jason Midyette

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 09:21 pm:

That 3 mile walk for gas will be nothing compared to the 30 mile walk uphill both ways when he was a school kid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

Tough times and people. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 11:50 pm:

Jason, Are you the same Jason Midyette that has narrow gauge fever ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

Nice find Jason, thanks for sharing!
Ooh, railroads?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 10:04 am:

Falcon, MO, is in an area that is very hilly, with lots of trees. However, there are are some ridge top area near there that are rather flat. SO, I guess it's possible. MO-32 highway was constructed about 1932, but it would have been a gravel road then. I guess it was just an unnumbered dirt road going to Falcon before 1932.

I have no idea what the terrain of Falcon, CO, is like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 11:36 am:

Just about dead center in Colorado, but east of a he Rockies. Probably pretty flat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason midyette on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 10:31 pm:

Burger,

Yes, that would be me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 12:43 am:

Hehehehe ! Small world. Must be a cross-interest contagious condition. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration