24 Coupe Doors will not stay clossed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 24 Coupe Doors will not stay clossed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Frenette on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

My passenger side door will not stay closed. I have tried to adjust door hardware with no positive effect. Any tricks?
Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 06:48 pm:

Have you checked the integrity of the wood? It may be a broken A or B pillar at the joint either top of bottom or both. The condition of the top wood is crucial also...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 07:47 pm:

Hi Ron ! i sent you a pm . Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 12:07 am:

Your door latch probably has a broken spring in it. They sell repair kits for them and it is pretty simple to do. My 25 coupe needed both doors done. They would close tightly, but come open when hitting a bump or rounding a corner.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration