Old Photo - Model T Era - I'd Love To Have One Of These In My Garage!!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era - I'd Love To Have One Of These In My Garage!!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 11:02 am:

I'd love to have one of these on the road!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

I have one in my garage. Here it is after 45 years. I have put half a dozen T projects in front of it. I guess I'm not a biker. It is fun to have and gains value faster than a T.
I thought the color might be a contrast to Jay's great photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

Richard,

Nice bicycle!

;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 12:08 pm:

I have something similar. I need to get around to it some day.1928 Indian Chief

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 01:01 pm:

It's a beauty, Steve - looks like a '28 101 Scout just like mine. All you need to do is to check out the running gear, the patina suits it :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

Close - '28 Chief. That is is an old photo. It actually half way restored. Here's the motor now.motot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 07:15 pm:

WILL YOU GUYS FLOP I CAMT SEE MY PHOONE SCREEN FOR ALL THE DROOL!!
just funning. Keep them coming. Love the bikes!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

I am still kicking myself because decades ago, I had the chance to buy for $250 a 1916 Indian and didn't do it!!! What a dope!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 10:15 pm:

Marty,

Deduct 20 points from your final score for that blunder.

(not that I've ever made any regrettable decisions or anything !) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 12:41 am:

I have more of the two wheel'ers than model T's, I can afford the model T's, not so much the old motorcycles. But I have been collecting them longer and I am a motorcycle guy, always have been :-)I just converted a bedroom to hold more projects of mine. This is a teens Indian and I have a 101 Chout project in there now also - 1930 frame with a 47 Chief engine - early hot rod :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 12:52 am:

Anybody else gathered an interest in some of these "new" massive balloon bicycle tires?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 05:02 am:

Wedged into the list of projects is a V8-60 motor cycle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 05:40 am:

Les, This is one I saw at a meet in Las Vegas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 05:44 am:

A flathead V8 motorcycle would indeed be cool. I wonder if anyone has toyed with a motorcycle powered by a Model T engine? Problem is probably length - hard to fit the necessary radiator in an esthetic way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 07:47 am:

This is one I owned about 20 years ago - 1930 Indian Four cylinder. It has an 80 cu. in. motor and ran as smooth as a sewing machine. 4 cyl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 08:26 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Koke Twigg-Smith on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 06:20 pm:

Hey Steve, wanna part with that old Scout? I ran a '37 45" in college in the late 60's, always hankered after an older unrestored unit like yours. Got a ton of T stuff to trade too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

I appreciate the interest, but no thanks. BTW, it's a Chief, not a scout. 74 cu in.motor :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 06:58 pm:

Here is another one I resurrected back in the early 1990s. It's a 1916 Indian Powerplus. It was in a New Jersey basement since the late 1920s before I got it. It still had the 1926 New Jersey license plates on it. Neat old machine from the T era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Koke Twigg-Smith on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 07:35 pm:

Well I tried! Got down to Invercargill in '12, saw Munro's stuff. Incredible story. Hard to believe his record still stands. Turns out he was at Bonneville when I was in college. Would have been a trip to have gone to speedweek then. But a girl, now
wife and Austin Healeys got in the way. Missed Woodstock too, went to Watkins Glen in the AH instead . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

Very cool bikes. I have a couple of old Honda Dreams a 1964 305 and 1966 ca 150 & 1961 cub 50 with 1400 miles on it. It was a give away bike from a California Honda dealer. A guy in the Army won it rode it some and traded it in Chattanooga Tn on a 305 scrambler and the dealer kept it until 4 years ago when I bought it from him. Neat little machine but nothing like the old HDs and Indians, Hendersons etc. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 11:11 am:

I had a 28 scout short frame that I did up. Bought it on the internet from a fellow in Australia. Great bike but no front brake.
Now ride a 46 Chief.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 11:26 am:

Burger, that means my score is now negative 48!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 11:46 am:

I'll make a note of it, Sir ! ;-)

My Great Grandfather had a 1919 Chief and a 24 Henderson DeLuxe, both
with sidecars. I had the opportunity to buy an unrestored 24 Henderson DeLuxe
along about 1990 for the princely sum of $10,000 and passed.

I have too many "toy" interests, and all of them tend to lean toward the
expensive side. All make it clear that my choice in parents was pretty lousy
and that no trust fund has ever been discovered. I am pretty sure my overall
score is in negative territory as well. ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

Tim I have a 1964 Honda CA77 Superhawk in my garage and used to have a 1964 Honda CB77 Dream. That's how this madness began. Great bikes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 01:43 pm:

I have a restored 1940s Harley Knucklehead in my stable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 01:59 pm:

Ignacio, i do have a 66 305 scrambler that has been restored, it's silver. I even found a nos sandwich muffler and a new nos rear break cable for the rear. It's been sitting in my man cave room for several years. I do kick them over every few months. The are kick start no electric start. I hurt me knee a few years ago and it just sits but it looks cool. Glad someone else likes the old Honda's besides me!! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

I have to chuckle a bit about this Honda and nobody loves me business. A long time friend of mine is, shall we say, quite wealthy. Now, there was no trust fund, he and his father worked hard and made many very smart choices to earn that wealth. I have admired and respected both of them for a very long time. They owe me nothing, and that is what I expect from them. I am pleased that they treat me like a good friend.
They have a fabulous collection of antique and classic cars, including several beautifully restored model Ts. Among all these cars, are also about a dozen motorcycles. Pre-'16 Indians, Excelsiors, a couple '20s HDs, and a few oddities most people have never seen.
One day, I was hanging out at their shop, when one of my friend's sons drove up in his pickup, with a Honda motorcycle in the back. Jumps out of the truck, grinning from ear to ear, and starts telling how he was driving down a street not far from his home and saw a yard sale. The motorcycle was in the yard sale. He starts talking about models and history, this one was a 1964 version of some special model and had the original this that and the other thing (all Greek to me). He knew everything about it.
So, here is this kid (a good kid by the way), that can play around with some of the best stuff out there. And he not only is excited getting this early '60s Honda, he knows all about them.
I should add, there are no free handouts in that family. That particular son didn't want to work in the family business (real estate development). So he went to trade school, and works on motorcycles for a living.

Good family.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration