PEDAL BOOTS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: PEDAL BOOTS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

I'm getting lots of engine heat into the cab of my '23. Anybody tried pedal boots? Anybody tried mounting them under the floor with the just the boots themselves protruding thru the slots and fastened around the pedal shafts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 04:33 pm:

I have the stock air deflector on my '26. It works pretty well keeping the warm breeze from rolling up from the floor. Still plenty of heat just going through the firewall though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mosher on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 05:44 pm:

Will boots be a problem when try you remove the floor boards? I have the medal heat reflector under my floor boards now and it gets in the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

I use a racing car insulation blanket.. I bought it at a speed shop in my area. It works very well. You just have to make sure it dose not come in contact with your spark plugs as it will ground them out. Its a bit pricey but well worth it. To drown out the silver color of it I laid a thin exercise mat on top of it to hide it. Here in Florida it doesn't take much engine heat to ruin a nice ride. This set up works very well. I might add, I also wrapped my exhaust pipe with heat tape.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 08:04 am:

WE HAVE SOME CARPET INSULATION USED IN THE 60S CARS AND 3 YEARS AGO i FOUND A FLOOR BOARD DEFECTOR WHICH WORKS WELL AND FITS PERFECTLY ON THE 12 T I ALSO REPLACED THE ORIGINAL FLOOR BOARDS THEY ARE NOW TIGHT AND ALL FIT NICELY THE OLD WERE NOT FITTING TOGETHER ANYMORE AND LETTING A LOT OF HEAT IN,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 09:39 pm:

Go to a builder's hardware store and buy some aluminium "brush strips" - draft strips for bottoms of doors. They come with brushes in varying lengths from 1/2" to 2" or more. Cut into pieces and screw to underside of floor boards, either side of each pedal, so they meet / mesh around the pedal. Cutting them that short, you may need to glue each section of brush into the alloy mount to stop it sliding out.
Also an asbestos wrap and tin sheild on the exhaust pipe. can't beat good old asbestos !
Similar brush stripping is also used on edges of some truck & trailer wheel arches !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration