Model T trailer and doodle bug auction and more

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T trailer and doodle bug auction and more
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

I just saw an auction listed for this Saturday that listed a Model T trailer, a doodle bug, a Model T generator, and 1950 Ford and more.

It on Auctionzip.com for Saturday May 13th in Jamestown PA (PA Ohio border town) It's listed by Cresswell Auction service.

I have no connection with this auction just passing info along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 05:36 pm:

Model T generator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

The last picture is a 1928-'29 model "A" based "Smith's Motor Compressor".
The Gordon Smith & Co. was located in Bowling Green KY. and sold a kit that allowed you to convert a model "A" engine into a 2 cylinder engine with a 2 cylinder pump using their special head. They were pretty popular and well designed.

I've got one somewhere around here...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 06:25 pm:

You're right Dale it is an air compressor I have mixed up two different auctions in my notes. The generator isn't even an antique so I don't know what I did but thanks for correcting this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 06:30 pm:

Gordon Smith Compressor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 11:23 pm:

Cool beans (stuff)!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 08:15 am:

I find it depressing seeing what was done to old cars and trucks in years gone by. I realize times were hard and people made do with what they had to work with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 09:55 am:

Tommy,

It is possible that no car or truck was vandalized in order to make the air compressor. Model T engines were made to run buzz saws, water pumps generators, boat motors, power plants, etc. The model T engine was manufactured well past the era of the model T itself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 12:12 pm:

That reminded me... there is an old tire store here that has an air compressor made from a 4cyl flathead Jeep engine. It runs on 2 cylinders and compresses air on the other 2. There was a company that sent a rep around from time to time that would buy certain used engines to rebuild into compressors and such. I know Jeep engines and I believe certain straight 8 Buicks were included.
In recent years VW air cooled engines and some V8 Fords were commonly converted to air compressors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

Smith is (or was a few years ago) in business. They were making portable compressor out of 302 Fords and a 5 cly German diesel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 03:08 pm:

Did anyone get to this auction? If so could you tell us something about it. I was unable to get there :-(

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration