OT; Why I live where I live

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT; Why I live where I live
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 06:25 am:

There are many more reasons....believe me.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 06:33 am:

Is that map current? I thought Steve Irwin died?
And by the way, where on there do you live? Which of all the special attractions are you closest to?

Oh,do you still allow immigrants? What kind of restrictions would I have do face?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 06:41 am:

Rob - please add Malcolm to the map. About half way between Sydney and Melbourne should work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 06:43 am:

That's funny!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 07:38 am:

The most dangerous Predator to Man is not listed on your map ....

The Ex Wife .....

Sorry but it looks like you live in Disneyland ..... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 08:04 am:

Jim, a friend swears, ( they are all crazy, God made look different so you could tell them apart).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 08:23 am:

Your map is correct Rob, especially as portrayed in the movies :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 08:56 am:

Lucky bugger, mosquitoes are only in a small area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 09:21 am:

Gad!! I will not bitch about the rain again---no poison snakes or gators here chased off a spike, cow, and calf a few minuets past with my three pound dog under there feet fifty feet from my front door. Just missed a tourist unfamiliar with the area when he blew a stop sign just ahead of me doing far over the speed limit.
Different issues in different places!
Cheers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 11:38 am:

sheesh, such opportunity for mishaps! I was fortunate to spend a few weeks there and no one offered that map! bounced around "nothing " at Ross ranch and Alice Springs and had a great time. dove around Steve Irwin and saw giant clams. would love to get back and race the Fink? if that is the correct name. can't recall the guys name that drove the T across your map but if I could find a copy of his book and be willing to pay for it I would love to read it. here in Florida most everything is small but seems to have teeth. I very much like your continent. ts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 12:31 pm:

That ain't what my travel agent sez. Dave in Bellingham, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 12:48 pm:

Years ago I had a little book called Let's Talk Strine. Lent it to someone and never got it back. The only definition I remember is "dismal guernsey." (Refers to the switch from pounds, shillings and pence to dismal guernsey...)

There was also a story about an author signing copies of his book in an Australian bookstore. A woman thrust a book at him and said "Emma Chisett," so he dutifully wrote, "To Emma Chisett with my best regards," and signed it. Turns out she was asking about the price of the book. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 03:08 pm:

Francis birtles - into Australia's unknown is what I might have been thinking of. old forum stuff I think if this thread drifts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 03:58 pm:

I live where I live because bitterly cold winters tends to keep all that stuff on the map away from these parts...except maybe the mosquitoes. But since they are the unofficial state bird, we just swat happily away during out incredibly brief summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

Yup, but I still want to take a ride on the Pacific Princess... Where's the Concorde when it's needed? 20+ hours on one airplane is more time then I want to spend. If I ever go to Australia, it will be by ship.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

Wayne,
To answer your questions.....
No, the map isn't current.
Steve Irwin died several years ago.
I live on the coast, just above the "I" in Giant Spiders and beneath Danni Minogue (picture attached) sigh.....
Yes we allow immigrants, but we come down hard on Illegal Immigrants.

Freighter Jim,
I'm very happily married and have been for 40 years.....I have no idea what you're talking about....Ha.

Dick,
Most of us talk Strine and its is all we talk. I understand it perfectly mite.

Kevin,
Despite all the obstacles in the map, we're lucky in that we can drive our T's all year round here.

Danny Minogue

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 09:48 pm:

I think Adelaide would be on the top of my list on why to live in Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 10:27 pm:

Rob,

I too would LOVE to live beneath Danni Minogue.

A guy can always DREAM .... :-) :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 11:13 pm:

Ted, let me know when you move and I will show you around.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 11:59 pm:

Allan would know better than most of us why Adelaide's a top place....he lives there......and I'll confirm he's right. Its a lovely city.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 12:13 am:

Rob, Your Continent is absolutely gorgeous i hear, Would love to see it sometime. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration