New Owner Help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: New Owner Help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nick Sieber on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

About two weeks ago I bought my first Model T, a 1925 Coupe, and I have a couple of question about the engine and driving. Does anyone know of any nearby clubs or Model T owners? I am in Lancaster County, PA. Thanks, Nick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 01:40 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/clubpages/chapters.htm#pa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

Here's the other national club. I don't know why the PA club has a CT mailing address.
https://nebula.wsimg.com/60221778ef85b5fb5187907f36ce6580?AccessKeyId=1992A0A3E7 31FDB20580&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Meanwhile, you can post your questions here. Somebody on the forum may have an answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 03:14 pm:

Steve, the president of the club lives in CT. When I was president of the AACA club in Mason City,IA my MN address was in all the AACA magazines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 03:49 pm:

Nick, welcome to the affliction. I got my '27 Tudor last fall and love it. I've put a lot of time into it - working on it and driving it. It's awesome. I love all the waves and smiles when I drive by - and I've made more friends in the last 6 months than I can count.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 07:39 pm:

Hi Nick and welcome to the Model T world.

There is a lot of information that can be found here on driving and working on T's.

Just remember that Model T's are a little different than modern cars in the way they brake and stop! A pickup running down the road 60-70 MPH comes up pretty fast from behind when your cruising along at 35-40 MPH! That's something else to remember. Have fun with your car and good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 07:44 pm:

Welcome Nick,

You are in for a great time.
The T is faster than an Amish carriage so have to be careful that you don't run into the back of One.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nick Sieber on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

Thanks for the information as well as the tips for driving on the road! I guess this will be my go to place for questions!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 09:23 pm:

It's a huge learning curve when you start working on the T but as soon as you start reading on the forum and doing simple repairs you will find out they are so simple it will all just make since. I still ask questions though. They are just fun. 1 started with one and own 3 now so be careful they do multiple. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

Welcome to T'ing.

I've only had mine since the beginning of the year and although it runs, I've elected to not run it because the engine needs to be gone through.

However, just the thing sitting in my driveway on Saturdays has attracted more people and prompted more people to stop and chat than all my other old cars combined. The thing's like a people magnet.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration