Fuel tank ; Repair or Replace ? Advice please....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Fuel tank ; Repair or Replace ? Advice please....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john f stephens-marcle on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 01:34 pm:

While trying to bring my newly acquired '19 sedan up to safety standards, I find the fuel tank is weeping, so slowly its like it sweats fuel. The tank appears to be in overall sound condition. I'm trying to keep it as original as possible, but as I plan to tour with the car, safety is paramount, so I'm asking you veteran touring folks, what would you do ? Thanks in advance for your shared wisdom. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 02:46 pm:

The only obstacle to buying a new tank is the cost. Quality is not an issue. I had to buy a new tank for my 1915 runabout, and it's fine. A fuel tank is like a radiator; sometimes after all the remedies fail, you just have to buy new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Thomas - Centerville, Iowa on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 09:08 pm:

In my book there are three things that are a must on a Model T. 1) New radiator 2) rebuild the rear end, 3) new fuel tank.

Those three will provide lots of trouble free driving.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration