Found my next project in the family barn.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Found my next project in the family barn.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

Chicken coop full of old family auto stuff. T, A and TT and even an old Studebaker Champion. I've sold the Champion, it's not for me. The spark plugs I pulled out of an old engine block and head were a nice surprise.
Feeling around for a rear end to use for a T trailer project, I laid my hands on an A rear end, some A 21" wire sheels and the A end had the driveshaft taken out of the tube, the tube cut off and a flat bar hitch welded onto it. So someone in the family had the same idea I have no.

Couldn't bring it home this trip, but I know it's out there and just needs a wood box put on it and painted OD green for the War Wagon and I'm good to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

Boy Robert, the bug has bit you bad! Good luck with all the new projects. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 09:16 pm:

Cool finds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 09:20 pm:

That " stude" was built about an hour from where I live. Southbend Indiana. Great you found it. Hope your other finds work out.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 09:45 pm:

Robert, that TT rear has an aftermarket coupling on it to use when shortening the torque tube and driveshaft for an auxiliary transmission. It clamps around the tube after it has been cut to length. Don't forget to check out the ring and worm gears for wear and gear ratio. Nice find. Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration