Baby's first Model T ride

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Baby's first Model T ride
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 08:53 am:

I left the kids at Grandma's house for a day, and my 5-month-old son Gaston got his first Model T ride in the car his Great-great-grandpa bought new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 08:56 am:

Great photo and family history with the T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 08:59 am:

So when is the first driving lesson scheduled for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 09:13 am:

The whole while gramma and I were giving him his first ride he was smiling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 09:28 am:

Coll way to get him started. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 09:29 am:

Cool way to get him started on the T hobby. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 09:34 am:

Who is enjoying that more, Dean or the boys?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 11:23 am:

Dean, how do you get that past your kids? I have two grands, age 3 and age 1. The parents will let them lap sit in the car but no driving... not until they are out of car seats.... about age 12 years here in Califunny!

grands

It's nearly impossible to keep them both smiling all the time... so I added the second photo to prove that Chase does enjoy Rusty!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 11:41 am:

Terry, was I supposed to ask?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Terry, it helps when the baby's Dad (me) has 3 Model Ts of his own. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 02:09 pm:

That is a great family event. A T ride has to be beneficial to the growth of any youngster. This Mother appeared at a coffee stop and showed enough interest to get a T ride. When we got back several more had gathered for rides. I seemed to be the only Tourist willing to rise above my better judgment and give rides. It has always felt like the right thing to do.
Derek, I'm glad you shared this with us.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn Conlon on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 10:32 pm:

Derek..we also share your passion, as our daughter and son-in-law are visiting from Texas with our 3 month old granddaughter. She had her first Model T ride on May 7th 2017. Hopefully our granddaughter will share the same enthusiasm for our 1927 Model T as we do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 07:33 am:

Great photos.

I figure I'm about 5 years or less away from being in the grandkids business. Can't wait.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 07:43 am:

Wife and I took the grand kids to get a snow cone on Saturday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

Derek, careful with those T rides. With both grandsons they are addicted, in the good weather that's all they want to do and I can't get anything done. Good excuse anyhow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 07:49 am:

I'm always glad to see people giving total strangers a ride. It's quite a contrast from some on this very forum who are so scared they will get sued that they think anyone who would give someone a ride is totally na´ve and setting themselves up for financial failure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 08:06 am:

Hal; Jacksonville being a military town I make it a point that if I run across a "Blood Brother" I offer them a ride in my "T". Usually their family members haven't seen that "Ipana Smile" in a very long while.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration