Old Photo - Model T Era - Main Street Looking South, Wynsmere, N.D.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era - Main Street Looking South, Wynsmere, N.D.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 10:19 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

Somebody must've ran into the "Right" sign or the wind blew it over too many times so the milk can full of water or dirt helps hold it up. Uhh down.
Oh, ND. Yep, the wind. :-)
I really like the deep soffit and the awning on the building on the right! (It's funky, my web browser knows the word Borg but doesn't know the word soffit.)
Keep the sun out during summer and let it in during winter. :-)

Kind of a Nordic/Germanic looking second floor treatment with the basic ND lower floor. ?

Wait. Is that WynDmere, ND? That's a heckuvva "d" if so and my search engine didn't like the name with an s...
I've been friends of a family all of my life, we sold gopher feet to their Grandpa, their Dad was working the Soo Line RR out near Wyndmere, had a heart attack and died on the spot when we were in high school. Memories.
Great photo Jay!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

Was Grandpa making gopher's foot soup ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 10:43 pm:

Haha! Perhaps Burger!
You've never trapped and sold the feet?
I 'spect the rodent was deemed a nuisance to farming and...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 12:44 am:

I have never met a buyer for gopher feet ! Just what IS the going
rate for gopher's feet ??? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 12:53 am:

Burger, twas 2 bucks a pair for fronts in the 70's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 02:46 am:

You know, .... I am 55 years old and grew up on a farm. Never before in
my life have I heard of a bounty being offered on gopher's feet !

This is the second time in a week I have learned something really elemental
that should have been filed in the old grape years ago. I feel like a Renaissance
Man ! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration