Engine rebuilder in Kansas?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Engine rebuilder in Kansas?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis E. Towle on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

Is there a engine builder in Kansas? Don't have time to finished my 26 engine, I have all the parts. Also need the transmission finished and put together.

Travis
785-408-3409

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 11:08 pm:

I wish you'd asked a couple years ago. I was in Kansas for school. I'd do it for you now, but I'm currently living in Illinois. There's probably somebody closer to you who can do it. Good luck with your search!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 12:00 am:

Check these guys, they might know.http://www.modelthaven.com
Steve Jelf has his major work done by Mike Bender in Okieland

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis E. Towle on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

I could also drive it to Nebraska, Missouri or Oklahoma to get it finished. It's almost done. The engine needs babbit and a new cam, and cam bushings installed. Everything else is finished. Then it just needs assembly.

The transmission is taken apart and the new parts are with it with replacement drums.

I was in the middle of this when I moved and now I don't have time to get it done. I need to concentrate on building my new shop.

Travis
785-408-3409
Topeka, Kansas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 06:11 am:

I wish I had known! I was just in Topeka this weekend! Never fails. Haha

I wish I had the facilities for doing babbitt. You might have to farm that out to another individual. I'm not sure how many babbitt shops there are out there, but I bet they stay pretty busy. Anybody know?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 07:52 am:

I'm surprised nobody has answered this yet. I've had my engine/transmission rebuilding done in Tulsa, but I'm pretty sure there are folks in Kansas who do that work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Wilson - Omaha NE on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 08:14 am:

Tom Ross in Omaha does a very good job. I'm very happy with the engine he rebuilt for me earlier this year. I only had the short block done by Tom, and assembled the transmission my self after he did the bushings. PM me and I will give you his contact info.
Omaha is only 160/170 miles from Topeka, less than 3 hours

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 10:02 am:

Paul's Rod and bearing in Parkville MO is about an hour from Topeka and it looks like they could at least handle the babbitt and boring work. I have not used this shop myself yet but I think it would be worth a call. Perhaps they could also recommend someone local to finish the assembly.

http://www.paulsrodandbearing.net/

I'd also call Baxter Ford in Lawrence at 785-842-9256 to see if they know of someone still doing T work if you haven't already.

Wish I could provide more help but when I had my 26 engine done two years ago I took it to Lincoln Ne. I'm not sure if that individual is taking on any more work. His plate is very full at the moment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Micheal Crowe on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 10:49 am:

Try Bud Redding 7857332124

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 11:30 pm:

I'd also check with the two Springfield ,Mo clubs. My dad redid the engine and trans by an old T guy who lives off the highway between Springfield and Ozark Mo . German last name and he was teaching how son the restoration biz. He did a lot of work on club members cars and was highly recommended .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David ONeal on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 03:49 pm:

I recommend Mike Bender in Tulsa Oklahoma. You can contact him on this forum.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration