OT - Had to take the K out for a drive tonight........

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - Had to take the K out for a drive tonight........
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 12:55 am:

My oldest graduated yesterday from high school. We had a great reception at the farm, with many friends and relatives.

Tomorrow my divorce will become official. I needed a drive (and later a few drinks). What would we do without our Fords?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1kfq1o026o7ut5/Video%20May%2014%2C%209%2021%2030%20PM.mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 02:17 am:

Rob,congrats on daughter's graduation. I don't know (nor need to)what happened to the rest of your life.We have differed on politics of Model T-ese before,but that happens. I do want to tell you I wish the best for you and yours in the future.As for the drive,best therapy in the world. keep the faith brother,folks are pulling for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 02:19 am:

A man and his Ford out on the road.
Get out and get away with a Ford.
"What would we do without our Fords?" live a damned dismal life. Hmmm, our Fords grant us the freedom. As intended.
Perhaps as good as taking a motor grader out for a spin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 03:19 am:

Congratulations to your eldest! My best wishes, for her, and for you.
Be well my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 03:25 am:

Great video. You have been very generous to share the Model K's with us. What a nice contrast to the smaller Fords.
Best wishes for the future.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 05:52 am:

There once was a lad called Heyen
Who thought there's a car worth buyin'
'A red Model K
Get one today!'
And off he went with the camera a flyin'.

A. Poet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 05:55 am:

Hope everything in your family life is not so rocky, Rob - one era ends, another begins. Keep huggin' your wee girls!

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 07:16 am:

Rob,Our oldest grandson is taking our 14 to his last day of high school Thursday. Richard said you have been very generous to share the Model K's with us which is very true!Time heals all or at least blurs the hell out of it so hang in there Friend.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 07:50 am:

Another great video but where is the one where you jump the ramp at?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 09:29 am:

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah indeed!

As John said, "one era ends, another begins." The best mindset is to look at these events as an opportunity.

With that in mind, you might as well move here to NW Arkansas, where we have "real" Model T & K roads to drive on, not those boring flat section-line roads of Nebraska. I already have a place picked out for you. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 09:34 am:

Thanks Mike..... a couple of long divorced friends have a few "divorce" anecdotes:

After two failures, my cousin used to say "I'm just going to find a woman I don't like and give her a house every ten years...." (he's now on #3)

Another business associate would often quip "from now on, it's pay as you go." He also said "from now on, it's lease to own."

I used to think these were humorous. Now, not so much....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 09:48 am:

I had a friend who has been married 3 times and I told him that if he likes the taste of wedding cake so much just go to the bakery once in a while and buy one it's cheaper. He hasn't talked to me since.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 09:48 am:

"She made me a millionaire. Before I met her I was a multi-millionaire." ~ Ray Kroc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

John

I like that. Good job. Fits Rob well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 07:06 pm:

Rob-
Nice video. At first I was wondering how you filmed it. Then I figured out the drone. You always have the coolest toys, prettiest cars, and prettiest girls. I'm sorry to hear you are down one pretty girl.

The sun will come up tomorrow. Cheers.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 07:15 pm:

Rob, best wishes to you as you enter a new chapter in your life. As far as I and many others on this site are concerned you have achieved "Great Living American" status with us!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 07:58 pm:

I think it was Za Za Gabour that said, I was always a great house keeper, I kept every house.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration