Roof 16-Valve Model "T" Head Rocker Arms

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Roof 16-Valve Model "T" Head Rocker Arms
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

Recently purchased a Roof Model "B" 16-valve racing version of the standard head shown in the photo with a rare pair of large 2 1/4" exhaust outlets. After inspecting it in person it was known that the all four of the iron intake rocker arms (R4 and L4) have been repaired.

Does any one know of any current reproductions or other rocker arms suitable for this head and the earlier Model "A" head that used bronze rockers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 02:35 pm:

I'm interested too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 05:07 pm:

Les Schubert is making them, isn't he? I think John Steele knows the deal with them.

John made a run of the competition exhaust manifolds but AFAIK he's sold them all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 07:42 pm:

Something like this?

I don't have any but this is a picture I shot of some a few years back

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

Stan, Thanks for your reply, hopefully Les Schubert with see this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 01:08 pm:

Hi
I made some out of ductile iron a few years ago. Ductile iron approaches the strength of steel. I m away in Spain for the rest of May so can't dig up the patterns or talk to the foundry
Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 04:01 pm:

Chadwick those are the later style rockers and should work on B and BB's if you can find a set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 12:12 pm:

Les,

Thanks for responding - When you do get home and after things settle down a bit I would like talk w/you about you having a set of them cast for this head. Did you made any jigs for machining them in the past?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration