I Love This ... All the T Parts to Make it

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I Love This ... All the T Parts to Make it
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 03:26 pm:

I Love This ... All the T Parts to Make it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1925-Model-T-Ford-Tractor-Doodlebug-/152549677688?hash=i tem2384ab5a78:g:8r4AAOSwY3BZGfyM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 08:27 am:

I'm having a hard time understanding the use of the device on the right side of the tractor.
It looks like the radiator leaks too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 08:40 am:

wonder why the passengers side spring shackle is so long? Could this be a hillside mowing rig?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 08:55 am:

Looks like an early dental drill set set

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 08:57 am:

dental drill set up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 10:08 am:

What a beauty of agricultural engineering :-)

Jim - the crazy RH side shackle was probably to raise the front end, since the large wheels on the rear axle lifted the rear end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 10:27 am:

It says the assembly on the right is a saw attachment, but I don't see how it works. The transmission appears to be a 4X4 transfer case, there is an axle housing bolted to it between the trans and engine. Possibly to drive more attachments?

This thing needs to go to our museum!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 10:38 am:

I would love to see a wing on the museum someday of things made out of Model Ts. Tractors, power units, ice saws, saw mills, etc. I guess it would pretty much be and agricultural wing.
Then there are boats, tanks, rail cars, what else??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 11:54 am:

This kind of thing is so cool. While I appreciate Henry bringing us the
Model T, I have every bit as much fascination in how Model T's were bent,
twisted, and reworked into machines to fit the needs of individual owners.
They often reflect the hardscrabble thrift of The Depression, a whole legion
of people that I grew up around who saved all sorts of "old junk" because
of that experience. If it weren't for those people tucking home made farm
implements like this away, or vehicles in barns, basements, or just left out
along fence rows, I would have never had the exposure to them that poisoned
my own mind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

The side mounted "attachment" is a version of a wood cutting mechanism known as a "drag saw".
It is missing the 4-6 ft straight saw blade that would attach to the two holes in the plate that is connected to the pitman arm and the crank.
The crank and arm would push and pull the blade in a reciprocating motion just like a woodcutter with a hand saw.
Drag saws were popular in the teens and twenties as a outfit with a small gasoline engine on wheels that you would haul out to the tree line and set it up to buck logs, or, if you had the "felling attachment", to drop trees before you cut them up.
Even the most primitive chainsaws were a major improvement over these units and soon replaced them.
Ottawa and Hercules made the majority of the drag saws produced

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration