Is This A Model T Key?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Is This A Model T Key?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 10:56 pm:

I have nothing to do with this was just interested in the Simms wrench so if someone buys it and has no use for the Simms wrench let me know.
Howard Dennis

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-IGNITION-MAGNETO-WRENCH-SIMMS-REMY-PRESTO-TANK-L OT/162514909233?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 11:28 pm:

Add doesn't say much. Which one is the "Simms" wrench?
The two lower ones (in his one and only picture that came up) both look interesting. The top one looks so very much like a wrench that was given out in the cable TV industry back in the '90s. My dad had a bag of several hundred of those when he died (2003). Most of them I think went with the scrap metal, but I still have several of them. The cable TV ones were made of aluminum and fit 7/16 fittings. Didn't see anything in the listing that said what size that one fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 11:58 pm:

Yes.

An aftermarket Model T coil box key and two ignition wrenches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 12:29 am:

One is a T with the pin and the boxed end, one fits the switch, the square hole wrench fits the Prestolight tank fitting and the hex end is for the points.
The other two look like a ignition / points wrench for a Model A Ford the brass shim is a filler gauge to set the gap and it should have a small flat blade screwdriver on the reverse side.
Hard to find items.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration