1926/7roadster pick up tail gate chain and hook colour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1926/7roadster pick up tail gate chain and hook colour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 03:39 am:

Hi folks now that i have made my tail gate chain hooks ,.are the chains and hooks painted ,? is it body colour ,or black or just left unpainted, Many thanks for all your valued help. Cheers Gerry(NZ)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 06:22 am:

I guess it depends on the look you're trying to achieve. I don't know if they would have been painted from the factory or not. Surely somebody smarter than me could tell you.

One of these days I'm going to get around to putting the chain on my tailgate, and I will probably paint it black unless I can put it together without ruining the plating.

If your chain is bare metal, it will most likely rust. I would probably look into doing a blued finish if you don't want paint. That will at the very least help keep rust in check.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 10:17 am:

I could swear I posted this information this week!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

Hi Folks ,Thankyou for your infomation. Yes Larry you did send me info about the chains and the covers ,But no mention about colour but there was a reply either Black or body colour. many thanks to you all Gerry(NZ)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 11:18 am:

Even if your pickup was NOT painted black, it seems to me if the chains were on the bed when it was painted, the chains would mess up the paint. Therefore my guess from a logical standpoint is they would be black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 04:17 am:

Hi folks well all the chains are painted and on the deck now, i painted them black ,and yes they look very smart.against the maroon bed. Thank you all for your help. Gerry (NZ)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration