Gilmore this weekend?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Gilmore this weekend?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 07:26 am:

Are people still planning on going to the Gilmore show this weekend with all the rain that's forecast?

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 07:38 am:

I am registered, and the motorhome is ready. I'll most likely go, even if it rains.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 08:45 am:

Lots to see inside the barns even if it rains.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 10:21 am:

I'm planning on being there....please don't rain

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 11:34 am:

Getting one of the fire trucks ready to go right now. The forecast is looking better as Intelicast has the likelihood of rain not going up until late Saturday now.

This will be my first time at the Gilmore museum and I am really looking forward to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 11:40 am:

I'll be there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Bowers on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 07:16 pm:

I will be there, going in a Model A though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

Bud, I hope I will see you there. It's just going to be my 12 year old son Sam and I, and the Fordor. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 10:19 pm:

ED,Sorry to say i can't.This weekend is Amish.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 10:25 pm:

I'll be there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 07:28 am:

I'll have my '15 touring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 07:38 am:

We arrived thursday afternoon. At least three other RV campers joined us friday. I spotted Wayne Funk, Rusty Berg, and Garry Houser's Taxi. It looks as if the rain may hold off until later tonight. We explored the buildings that time didn't allow last year. This is a spectacular place. The buildings are as impressive as the vehicles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 08:52 am:

Ed, The taxi belongs to Mark Atkins. Garry was his navigator yesterday. Kim and I tagged along in our blue 1914 Runabout and had a great time in spite of the light rain and cool temps. A big thank you goes out to whoever put on the tour. We stopped at some very nice places, the roads were great and the directions were very good. It takes a lot of work to put on a successful tour and someone put in the time to make this one great. We will be back.

With a bit of organization, this place could very well replace the broken OCF. Add a tour or two for Thursday and Friday, designate a driving loop for Saturday and Sunday, rope off an area for driving games and put it on the same time as the OCF. It would put the OCF out of business.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

Jerry, That sounds like a great plan. Has anyone discussed it with the Gilmore management?

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 01:36 pm:

Would someone post pictures if possible of this Gilmore event. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 09:20 pm:

I talked to the owner of a electric car there, sounds like there are others beside the Model T people who are disgusted with the OCF. My hands are full in Richmond with our museum there. Someone else will have to step up for this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Monday, May 22, 2017 - 07:40 am:

Here is a picture from Gilmore
My '15 touring is third from the right

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Monday, May 22, 2017 - 11:04 pm:

Are there anymore pictures out there of this interesting show
for those of us that could not make it there?

Thanks,
Willis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration