Photo - Henry makes strong fenders!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Photo - Henry makes strong fenders!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 11:41 am:

Good thing Henry's fenders are built to last!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

They won't hurt it much. The treat of seeing some attractive ladies somewhat soothes the hurt of not being able to view the car better.
Starter or no starter. We may never know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

1919 to 1922 with starter. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

There are 5 starters in front of the car now, 6 if you count the one Ford installed.

Nice picture. The ladies may be travelers stopping for a picture by the white house. Luggage rack full of suitcases on the running board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 02:30 pm:

In front of the White House to visit Warren?
Maybe Cal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 02:40 pm:

The girl in the checkered coat is actually kinda cute!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

My guess, two mom's, one with one daughter, the woman second from the right, mother of the girls on each side of her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 03:40 pm:

How often do you see people smiling on these old photos?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 05:36 pm:

Wow! Look at those white sided tires!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 06:33 pm:

White insides too !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Boyles on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 06:42 pm:

I'm new to this hobby and soaking up knowledge commensurate with my extreme interest in the subject. But the way you guys look at these old photos and craft Sherlock Holmes quality deductions never fails to amaze me. Please teach a newbie with no ego; how on earth did you know the car had a starter? I'm ever looking but never seeing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 06:50 pm:

Welcome Jeff. My clue to having a starter would have been whether it had cowl lights or not. Apparently cars with starters didn't come with cowl lights. Starters were optional in 1919. Mark's '19-'22 is a fair assumption but I think the "starter may be a guess on his part.
Others may chime in with corrections or comments.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 07:41 pm:

Cowl Lights?? I don't even see headlamps!!
:-)
Jeff, there's a straight up windshield, one clue to date it, the three panel back window is another clue (if the top is original), rear fender is crowned, Front wheels are demountable (although such wheels were available even back around 1915, though those were usually wood felloe, and these felloes look too small to be wood ones)-the rim clamp make me think these may be '19 wheels (and odd-ball year for wheels). The metal cap on the rear arm rest is another clue, as is the below-the-axle mounted front wishbone. Oh, and it's a two-man top.
Just some of the clues folks are looking for!
Actually, I think the three young girls are all "lookers" although the one on the left's Mom make me think she will become "stout" when she ages.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 08:24 pm:

It has demountable rims and although ladies can crank a T, better bet it has one. :-) I have a couple of rims with that style clamp, I think that they may have been used longer then just 1919.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 09:00 pm:

That dark eyed little lady in the center has me in her trance even tho she's likely long dead.
Body language: She looks comfortable in her own skin. She's prolly the smart alecky, independant Italian? gal from down the street.
The lady on the left: She has her satchel, the few things for right now. "let's do this!" She's the instigator. :-)
Forces to be reckoned with, these ladies. ;-)
Fantastic picture. As Henry intended...
Is that right hand top strap a little bit loose?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 09:31 pm:

Mark, I think that's the crank handle sticking out under the center gal's coat, just in front of the license plate. I agree with Duey, these gals are set to be "doin' things." While the gal in the checkered outfit looks like the quiet, but watch out type, the one on the right fender appears to be having the most fun, what a smile!
OH, wait, we were talking about the car. . . .
PS Looks like Ts were "chick magnets" even back in the day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

"starter" They all have crank handles! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 01:46 am:

President Harding loved the ladies and was a lifelong ladies man, much to the chagrin of his wife. They were probably there to visit him. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 11:09 am:

My guess it's a 1921. I don't see the L arm for the top saddle.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration