1926 Carb Inlet Diametet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1926 Carb Inlet Diametet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Roberson on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

Hi, I am planning a short adaptor to enable adding an air filter. Does anyone know the ID of the carb inlet?
Thanks! I just got my first T and am so excited!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 12:38 pm:

Which carburetor are you running? Vaporizer/ Holley / Kingston... etc. The 1926 engine could have all of those installed from the factory

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 12:43 pm:

BTW as we say around here Welcome to the affliction I'm sure you will have many more questions in the future this is the right place to ask them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

Andy, welcome to the T party. For one air filter mounting method, look here at 2:14 PM, Thursday, May 11. There are some measurements given. It's for a Holley NH. Other carbs may vary.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/752017.html?1494949092

This being your first T, you will need these:

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG79.html

The same site will have a few other pages you may find useful.

(Message edited by steve_jelf_parkerfield_ks on May 16, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Roberson on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 01:23 pm:

Not sure which carb I have but it is a completely stock car with the mixture knob on the dash etc. it seems to have an inlet which is relieved on the inside to allow a tube of the right diameter to slip in about 1/4 inch. I plan to use a Briggs & Stratton pleated-paper filter with the foam prefilter sleeve as it will fit in the space available and is made for a 20 HP plus engine.
When I ID the carb I will return.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Roberson on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 01:30 pm:

Steve, I found the pics of the air filter install; thanks! That looks like my carb as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mosher on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 01:51 pm:

Why do you want to install a air filter? Ford didn't put air filters on at the factory and they had a lot more dirt roads back then compared to now
The carburetors are not jetted to use a filter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

The T carb works quite fine with a air filter. Ford began installing factory air filters in 1932

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Roberson on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 03:45 pm:

Hey, I am an engineer and I gotta have plenty of clean oil and an air filter. Can't help it.
Anyway they should have had an air filter all along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Roberson on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 03:48 pm:

Oh Yeah, Steve, I have had all the Model T books for years, started when I was a teenager back in the early 1970s. Just never had a T.
Still, you can't have too much information. I participate in and rely on forums for all my Cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Roberson on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

Steve: LOVE your blog! Thanks for Sharing.
I restored a 1948 AC Model B about 20 years ago.
RR

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

I like air filters. I run this one except in winter, when I put the factory hot air pipe back on. :-)

pic

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration