OT, I think maybe I should have stayed in bed today??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT, I think maybe I should have stayed in bed today??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

No T part here yet! Got up, got dressed & fed and out the door to to my first piano tuning of the week. Hmm, don't remember the driveway being that bumpy. YOICKS! Rear tire is flat. OK, call client, leave message that I will at least be a bit late. Find battery powered tire inflator (Shop air compressor too far away) Tire pumps up, OK, might be able to drive to tire shop, have wife back truck up, don't see any nails, BUT when putting valve cap back on, OH! a valve stem leak! OK, Leave another message for client with my cell number. Jump in truck and head to tire shop (thinking, "that tire is worn enough they probably won't want to repair it.")-about halvway there, Uh oh, tire flat again & I left the compressor at home. OK, nice asphalt here, better than my driveway dirt, dig out jack, etc. and put on spare, which is also only about half-full. Client calls my cell & we arrange another day for the tuning. Tire shop sells me 2 new tires (other back tire as worn as this one). So $$$ later, I stop at store for the essentials: Milk, Bread--oh, NO TP needed, OK. The open check-stand is #13. Hmmmm. . . .
This is not the best way to start a day!! To be safe, I'll not work on the T today, but I can read the TWO T mags that came in the mail today! Besides, it's raining!
Hey, y'all's family, had to share!
T'ake care
David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

Better day Tomorrow. :-)
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 07:21 pm:

Two model T magazines, and an excuse to sit and read them? Sounds like a good day to me.
Enjoy :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 07:44 pm:

Mama said there be days like that just not so many of them
Better luck tommerow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 09:31 pm:

New skids? Food and TP. Good mags? Great day. A nice nap and its perfect.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 09:34 pm:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 10:16 pm:

Thanks guys. I got an email today from the church telling me that the past few week's sermons are available for download. "Hmm" I said to myself, "Downloads to nap by!"
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 02:36 am:

Father O'Malley answers the phone. 'Hello, is this Father O'Malley?'

'It is!'

'This is Special Agent Johnson with the IRS. Can you help us?'

'I'll try!'

'Do you know a Ted Houlihan?'

'I do!'

'Is he a member of your congregation?'

'He is!'

'Did he donate $10,000 to the church?'

'He will!'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 08:19 am:

Want to have a bad day that started good? ----------try replacing a serpentine belt on your brides car in a rain storm at the coast! Did that in a parking lot last week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 08:28 am:

Duey...misery loves company!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 08:36 am:

Tim do you still own that dog?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 02:55 pm:

Tom...well,ha ha, actually we DID have a dog exactly like the looks of that one..and just about as mean. Part Beagle, part Shepherd. Colors of a Shephard, just like above. Hated all men, and most adults. Loved kids under the age of 20. Fortunately she like me and the wife!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

They make great dogs Tim. My wife has three shepherds. All trained in bite work. Keeps vacume cleaner salesmen and Johovas witness from knocking on the door. Great family dogs but strangers not so much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 08:59 am:

LOL Dallas! How true! The wife always said how she liked "Pepper" as she kept everyone away! She was a really great dog, drop dead gorgeous colors, what with Beagle and Shepherd mix. She just hated most people. But she loved my lap! All 52 pounds of her. Our current dog needs A-A, she can't hold her licker!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 12:01 pm:

My wifes 1 yr old shepherd thinks the only reason for my existance it to entertain him. Wont leave me alone. The others could care less about me but not Ayce. We have one that cant walk by without taking a lick also. Licks anybody close.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration